 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1321
    Cygnus Installation troubles —Christopher Arquiza
   Hi All, I downloaded the Cygnus installation for windows yesterday (previously I only used it to make dll.exe, and relied on djgpp for the .lx and .srec), and the demo directory doesn't seem to make properly. I get these messages: BASH.EXE-2.02$ (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —Paolo Masetti
     (...) only (...) the (...) I have never attemped "mix" between the two environments. I hope that this is not the problem. You can try to repeat installation of cygnwin after a general cleanup. BTW, I suppose that you have made a "make realclean" (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —Christopher Arquiza
     tnx... finally got to borrow a clean machine and got it to work (0.2.4 really does do away with the need for perl)... yep, seems like mixing the two really did mess up my installation... chrís (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —David Chen
     I think I am running into this problem. How do I remove all traces of my previous Cygwin 0.2.3 WinLegOS installation so the djgpp can run cleanly? Dave (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —David Chen
     I am getting the exact same error. Is there something I am missing in the Makefile or Makefile.Common that I need to modify so it can build the .lx files correctly? I seem to be able to correctly build the legOS.srec and legOS.lds files. They are (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —Thomas Zapf-Schramm
   Did anybody find the cause and a solution to the problems Christopher Arquiza had in July? I have the same problem now. Thomas (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —Thomas Zapf-Schramm
   Because I couldn't get the Cygnus solution get to work on Win98 I tried Rossz Vàmos-Wentworth DJGPP solution. Unfortunately this doesn't work too. I followed the steps described on Rossz site. When I tried the first "make" I got the following error (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —Rossz Vámos-Wentworth
   (...) I've been working with another person who is experiencing the exact same error. I've made a slight modification to my instructions, but I have not received verification that he has the environment working. Take another look at (URL)What means (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —Thomas Zapf-Schramm
   I tried your new procedure and got the same result as before. Then I transfered the whole installation (not the zip and tar files) to my notebook. I set the same environment variables on this machine. Then I tried and it worked perfectly. Inspecting (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —Rossz Vámos-Wentworth
     (...) I don't see how registry traces could affect a DOS program. Did you remove all the environment variables used by cygnus? I have a faint memory of one used by MAKE that instucts whether MAKE is in DOS or UNIX mode, though I don't remember what (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Cygnus Installation troubles —Rossz Vámos-Wentworth
   (...) I found the problem, the SHELL environment variable requires forward slashes, not backslashes. My apologies for the error in my HOWTO. I've corrected the mistake on my website and included an additional note about this error. Rossz (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)