 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2654 (-20)
  Re: Linux, Cygwin, DJGPP: what is it all about?

Hello Ed, problems, problems, problems :) <sigh> Never knew your DOS life is so complicated. Seems urgent to handle this for the new release (easy to say this because I don't have a DOS based legOS system...) (...) Never saw this link. (...) Really? (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux, Cygwin, DJGPP: what is it all about?

Hello Steve, (...) I don't see a problem in the inclusion of a legOS.srec. But I don't know what happens if you compile your user programs with some other compiler then that building the legOS.srec. And I think that compiling the legOS system is a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux, Cygwin, DJGPP: what is it all about?

Michael, I agree with you up to ... (...) if (...) wanting (...) here. (...) And I quote from the section "A stark moral choice" in the document The GNU Project ((URL) I looked for a way that a programmer could do something for the good. I asked (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux, Cygwin, DJGPP: what is it all about?

Wow. Michael, this helps a lot. Thanks. But now I have some other questions... (...) Yes, that makes sense. But having the LegOS image would save the "Beginning LegOS User" from needing to learn how to build that stuff, when that knowledge (how to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linux, Cygwin, DJGPP: what is it all about?

Ok, lets try to fiddle some things out. There seems to be a confusion about the software needed for running legOS and why. And there seems to be some confusion about what cygwin and DJGPP are. legOS runs user programs written in C and compiled to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GUI for legOS

Is DJGPP easier to use from DOS (Windows)? Can CygWin be executed from a command line? When I set up my PC with LegOS (about a year ago) I installed DJGPP (with the help of a Unix friend), and I've been very happy with it. Recently, I just set-up a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GUI for legOS

Steve, Could you share a little more about what you have done with the Visual Studio setup? Thanks! Ed Steve Hassenplug <hassenplug@mail.com> wrote in message news:20020615231547....ail.com... (...) writing programs with LegOS. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GUI for legOS

Michael, What I am hearing here and have heard in the past, along with my own personal experience, is that developing for legOS under Windows and more specific cygwin can be or is a pretty difficult task. Compounded on top of that is if you have (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Install for legOS

Hey All, I've talked with several people about this. First, a quick generalization: IMHO, there are two types of LegOS users: 1) Unix/Linux programmers who use LegOS as another platform for development, and don’t really care about building robots. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: **** legOS new name poll starts now ****

BrickOS? As in MIT's Brick project... Regards, Bill ___...___ William Sequeira, Ph.D. -- Principal, Axon Hillock, Inc. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GUI for legOS

(...) I'm running legOS from Linux, so I don't know Ultraedit. But if its suitable for your needs and free it seems to be a good choice. Regards, Michael (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GUI for legOS

I didn't want to have to write my programs for LegOS and then type a ton of commands only to find that I made a mistake. So I downloaded UltraEdit-32 9. It allows unix type file to be saved (This will replace the carriage return and line feed (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GUI for legOS

Hello David, (...) What would it help? (...) Have you ever tried legOS? First, if you are running legOS from Linux, you don't need cygwin and that kind of things. They are only needed to resemble a UNIX enviroment under DOS. And the UNIX system is (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: **** legOS new name poll starts now ****

(...) That is why we search for a new name. The LEGO group said that they don't like legOS and all possible deviations. If you look on the official mindstorms webpage, legOS is not mentioned. On the other hand, they where so kind only to ask for a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: **** legOS new name poll starts now ****

(...) I'm wondering, has anyone asked LEGO for permission to continue calling it 'legOS' (emphasizing the unique capitalization)? What was the response? -- David Schilling (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GUI for legOS

(...) It really WOULD be nice if someone created a simplified way of getting up and running for legOS, even if it didn't actually contain a GUI interface for programming (though I by no means would discourage someone from providing THAT as well!) or (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: GUI for legOS

There isn't a GUI for LegOS. I have my Visual Studio set up to do all the stuff I need to do when writing programs with LegOS. Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "scott davis" <rcxman2@msn.com> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:02:42 GMT To: (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  GUI for legOS

Is there a GUI for legOS like Bricx CC for NQC? If there is, is it easier to use and do you lose features useing it? Thanx scott (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Scheduler patch

Well, actually not :) If users don't want proportional timeslicing the patch is completly useless, but if they do, it might be usefull. /Joel (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Scheduler patch

(...) Do you have some examples where your patch could be useful? Eric (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact