 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2654
Re: Linux, Cygwin, DJGPP: what is it all about?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:21:37 GMT

Hello Ed,

problems, problems, problems :) <sigh> Never knew your DOS life is so
complicated. Seems urgent to handle this for the new release (easy to say
this because I don't have a DOS based legOS system...)

What needs to be done is to compile or create a H8 compiler that can run
under DOS or work with DJGPP.  AND THIS HAD BEEN DONE.

Never saw this link.

So if we can repeat this or do what needs to be done to get it to work
then good.

Really? I thought the cygwin-system was the only system for Windows users.
But if one could use a DJGPP system, you get twice the problems for free.
User A can't help user B because one uses DJGPP and one uses cygwin. Won't
it be better to stick to one of both systems?

Now finally I want to address the term "we"

You are right. The "we" was meat as "we who can give help to a new legOS
user". As I said, I for myself can't help a windows user to set up his
development system.

You have seen Steve's proposal to inculde a ready-to-run legOS.srec in the
distribution? If you have the time to do so, could you try what happens if
you build this with an other compiler/binutils then the user program? Could
give a problem there if the linker information file (boot/legOS.lds)
differs from version to version.

Ah, and I again want to say that the best solution would be a Linux disk. :)

Regards,

Michael