 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2641
Re: **** legOS new name poll starts now ****
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:46:04 GMT

I'm wondering, has anyone asked LEGO for permission to continue calling it
'legOS' (emphasizing the unique capitalization)? What was the response?

That is why we search for a new name. The LEGO group said that they don't
like legOS and all possible deviations. If you look on the official
mindstorms webpage, legOS is not mentioned. On the other hand, they where
so kind only to ask for a new name when the next version of legOS will
emerge. Meanwhile, the old name is tolerated.

LEGO doesn't want a name with anything with a (TM) in it, i.E. LEGO, RCX or
such a thing.

Regards,

Michael