 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2134 (-20)
  Re: How do I use WinLNP?

Tom, I'm struggling with WinLNP too. Tried to compile the LegoStudio prog in VC++6, but keeps hanging up. Don't think my old laptop is up to VC++6, or maybe I need the patch that is mentioned in other messages. In the meantime I have been using the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How do I use WinLNP?

Hi, Is there any instructions on WinLNP out there besides the ones on the homepage. I am kind of confused by them. Also, can anyone direct me to RCX talker? I have heard it mentioned a few times and it sounds like it is all I need, however I cannot (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compile multiple source files

Hello i see this post: (URL) to compile multiple source files, but i don't understand the changes to take to do, i see two parts: Makefile Fragment and Makefile.user patch, but My "Makefile.user" look a little bit diferent. I'm running legOS-0.2.4 (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Still having problems with helloworld.c

Thanks John! I will see if that works.I had almost given up and Mike was helping me set up the whole thing again alongwith the USB patch. Regards, Rajendra (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Still having problems with helloworld.c

Hi, I had the same problem you did and traced it back to a faulty line in loader.c (which contains makelx's main()). In revision 1.3 and earlier of that file you can find the following toward the end of the file: if(argc-optind<3 || lx.text_size==0) (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Battery eliminator?

Hi, I was looking at a webpage about a battery eliminator for a 1.5 rcx. It had a transformer and a voltage regulator and some dowel lengths to fit into the battery compartment. Can someone give me the webpage(or something similar) for this, I can't (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Still having problems with helloworld.c

Hi! I tried changing the path for KERNEL in makefile from Demos directory and giving the path for legOS there.Now I get a different message when I do 'make'.It says 'No rule to make target'?!Now is there any way I could solve this.If I download the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

I would love a copy of your USB source! So far I haven't had any luck communicating with the USB tower using my own code, so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Do you have it posted somewhere or would you prefer to email it to me (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

You can comment CONF_LNP, this can save many memory. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

You have to comment CONF_PROGRAM if you commented CONF_TM, but I am not sure if you still can download your program without CONF_PROGRAM. I don't think you can comment CONF_TM. Zhengrong ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How do I find my kernel size?

Hi, Is the kernel size simply the size of the legos.srec file? I thought so initially, however my legos.srec file is 18800(or close to) and im pretty sure ive allocated more than than 19k using dynamic memory. Obviously this is more than 32k in (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

The only concern that I would have with this kind of an implementation is that if you plan on changing your brick's LNP address, you have to remember what address it used to be while you're downloading a program. It's not a huge deal, but it's an (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

Well, I will try to make a patch for this modification. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

looks fine to me. not a bad idea! -albert "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:GMBBt6.C4J@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: corect me please

I think you actually want dll -r10 the -r flag specifies which RCX to download the specified program to. you need the 10 because it is read in as a hex address. When you use (...) basically, whatever you set the HOSTADDR to, needs to match what you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Addendum: It seems bad to put legOS under /usr/lib. Please get a fresh legOS.tar.z from legOS.sourceforge.net and install it in your user home directory. (for me, that means in /home/obi. So legOS home is /home/obi/legOS at my linux system) You will (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) <sigh> I'm not sure either. Actually no idea so far. It seams that makelx is called with wrong parameters. But why? Did you successfully made the demos in the demo dir? (...) That puzzles me, too. The compiler and the binutils come as a rpm (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Well!I looked in the makefile and couldn't see anything wrong with the path.As for having legOS under usr/lib, it was done at the time of installing the rpm and I hadn't specified any path.Now,I tried copying config.h and putting it in the 'include' (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) The error messages state that helloworld includes conio.h which tries in line 41 to include config.h. Helloworld includes unistd.h which includes time.h which tries in line 32 to include config.h. So, conio.h, unistd.h and time.h are found, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact