 Robotics / RCX / Java / 70
  Re: Wishlist leJOS

There's no need to implement this because Java allows you to create an array and store as much data as you want in it. You have a lot more power by using an array over the NQC feature, which I believe is limited to something like 100 numbers. Hope (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Wishlist leJOS

(...) It does answer my question, but I was thinking that a feature like that would be more memory efficient. It seems to me (knowing very little of programmimg small devices) that there are special OP codes (looking at Keokea Proudfoot's RCX (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Wishlist leJOS

(...) I think that the datalogging area is just a special limited firmware array, but , IIRC, since it mentions nowhere that you have to remember to keep the datalog size into account. Try using the opcodes, and see what works. Andy -- See my Visual (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Wishlist leJOS

(...) Remember that Lejos is replacement firmware, the OP codes no longer exist as they are part of the standard firmware. Regards Gordon (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Wishlist leJOS

(...) There still could be some special rom code that is called when the opcode is called for the standard firmware. Not very likely, but still possible. Andy -- See my Visual Interface for leJOS at (URL) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Wishlist leJOS

(...) I didn't think of that, but it might explain why my attemps to use the OP cods failed (they hung the RCX completely dead). Then again, I might have used them wrong... Björn (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Wishlist leJOS

I (another newbie) also would like to upload data from the RCX to a Windows PC. It looks like adding the data to a StringBuffer would be a good way to save it, but I have not much of a clue about how to write (1) the Java that runs on the PC to (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Wishlist leJOS

(...) You could use the JavaComm package, look on the Java website for it. It should not be that hard to set up the port, write to it, and then get replies back. Look at the other Java projects mentioned on (URL) to see how communication is done. I (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)