 Robotics / RCX / Java / 71
Re: Wishlist leJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 19:26:42 GMT

Brian Bagnall wrote:

There's no need to implement this because Java allows you to create an
array and store as much data as you want in it. You have a lot more power
by using an array over the NQC feature, which I believe is limited to
something like 100 numbers. Hope this answered your question!

It does answer my question, but I was thinking that a feature like that
would be more memory efficient. It seems to me (knowing very little of
programmimg small devices) that there are special OP codes (looking at
Keokea Proudfoot's RCX internals page) for handling datalogging.
My thought was that there might be a memory space designated souly for this
purpose, but I might very well be wrong :)
Anyway thanks for your suggestion

Björn

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Björn Lundin writes:
Hi!
I'm a leJos newbie, but at a glance, I miss
the logging functions that I think NQC has, the ability to store numbers
in the RCX for later upload. Is ther a chance that it will be implemented
?

At least I would appreciate it

Björn Lundin