 Robotics / RCX / Java / 76
Re: Wishlist leJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 00:36:32 GMT

I (another newbie) also would like to upload data from the RCX to a Windows PC.
It looks like adding the data to a StringBuffer would be a good way to save it,
but I have not much of a clue about how to write (1)  the Java that runs on the
PC to upload and process it, or (2) the interface to the IR transmitter in RCX.
Are there any objects out there in source code that could be used as a
starting point???
Thanks
Roger G.
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Brian Bagnall writes:
There's no need to implement this because Java allows you to create an array
and store as much data as you want in it. You have a lot more power by using • an
array over the NQC feature, which I believe is limited to something like 100
numbers. Hope this answered your question!