 Robotics / RCX / Java / 77
Re: Wishlist leJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 02:41:33 GMT

Roger Glassey wrote:

I (another newbie) also would like to upload data from the RCX to a Windows PC.
It looks like adding the data to a StringBuffer would be a good way to save it,
but I have not much of a clue about how to write (1)  the Java that runs on the
PC to upload and process it, or (2) the interface to the IR transmitter in RCX.
Are there any objects out there in source code that could be used as a
starting point???

You could use the JavaComm package, look on the Java website for it.  It should not
be that hard to set up the port, write to it, and then get replies back.  Look at
the other Java projects mentioned on http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics/ to see
how communication is done.  I don't know the exact protocol used, but it appears to
be the same as the standard firmeware.

Andy

--
See my Visual Interface for leJOS at http://lvi.sourceforge.net