 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 601 – 620 of about 2200.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

Just to verify the verdict... yes, it did work with w2kpro installed on this laptop. One note is that w2k vanilla does not support wireless 802.1g device, which is what comes with this toshiba satellite p25. It requires service pack 4. -- emabrey (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

ir, tower
(score: 3.778)

  Re: Transmitting a message from the RCX to the PC

(...) I am not sure if there is a way to disable the communications on the RCX when using the standard firmware. You could try putting an aluminum foil blinder around RCX No 2's IR transceiver, but I've found IR notoriously difficult to block since (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir
(score: 3.778)

  Re: Extending IR communications

Hello all. The mirror trick works for sending the signals from the IR tower to the RCX (I'm only using a single RCX). However, the return signal the RCX wants to send to the tower isn't transmitted across the mirror. Since you mentioned leJOS and (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.778)

  Re: Help needed: Problems setting up the IR tower

Yes, I did but it didn´t work either... (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.777)

  IR proximity

I've managed to get a proximity detection working in legOS, using egcs 1.1.1 as the cross compiler. It has a very short range, and I haven't yet tested if the NQC variants have better range. If that is the case, I believe somebody will have to fix (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir
(score: 3.777)

  Re: RF Connection To RCX

(...) Yep! I am going to make the RF/IR adapter plug in front of the RCX. And make my RF tower to replace the IR tower. I know the IR carries on 38.5KHz. Does it mean both transmt/receive signals working in the same 38.5KHz? If so, how can I solve (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.777)

  Re: My RCX doesn't work!

Where can I buy IR tower? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

ir, tower
(score: 3.777)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

(...) Richard (or others), I wish I knew where this info is coming from. Pitsco LEGO Dacta's web site has nothing I can find. I would like to know when Robolab 2.5 will be available and if there is an upgrade available to users of ver 2.0. And I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

ir, tower
(score: 3.777)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) According to the LEGO documentation, only the normal (source 1) Timers can be used as an event source. The ‘sensors’ for which events can be generated are: · Physical sensors (Source 9, Range 0-2, Logical number 0-2) · System timers (Source 1, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

range, ir
(score: 3.777)

  green light to win

(...) ... (...) Is exhausting the 9V of the IR tower transceiver a Windows only problem? When my `uname -a` reports: Linux Knoppix 2.4.19-xfs ... then the green LED light stays off til some software speaks IR. But in Win XP, the green LED light (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.776)

  Re: Running IR in the background

Hannes, I got it to work last night. I'm modifying Markus Noga rover.c code (included when you download legos files) to include support for IR port and (passive) light sensor. Great code to look at if you're just learning C/C++. Basically, the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir
(score: 3.776)

  Re: constant green light

Just yesterday I reinstalled my serial IR Tower on a Win 98 machine and had the green light stay on all the time. It turned out to be an issue of 'port confusion'. When I switched ports (put the tower on COM1 and the other device on COM2) the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.776)

  Re: new RoboLab 2.5 compatible with old serial IR tower & RCX 1.0

I received my 2.5 yesterday, having ordered it mid last week when it was not yet available. -Peter "Jerry Kalpin" <jdkalpin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GJxHI2.1Bx@lugnet.com... (...) users (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

ir, tower
(score: 3.776)

  Re: control multiple mindstorms robots using 1 IR tower!

(...) found it! BattleBricks at (URL) the "Remote Control" link under "Support" on the sidebar on the left. (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.775)

  Opening COM port error

Hi guys, First of all, thanx Brian, but I managed to solve the weird firmdl.bat problem by fooling around with different batteries and IR range levels. Secondly,I'm trying to send data packets to the RCX through java methods called from a C++ (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

range, ir
(score: 3.775)

  LNP in Java

Hi there, Few weeks ago, someone's asked if there were any Java handler for LNP. Here we are ! There is one now. Including with this mail is the Java listing. What to do 1) download the JVM 2) download java communication API from Sun (lets you drive (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 3.775)

  Re: good way to detect the proximity of the RCX?

(...) Not sure what you mean here. You could certainly program some RCX's to "ping" each other to determine if they are in mutual IR range. RCX-A sends out a message & listens for a reply, while any other RCX that "sees" such a message immediately (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

range, ir
(score: 3.774)

  Re: Listening to IR via NQC

(...) If I understand you correctly, then this is more difficult than it sounds, because the IR tower shuts down after a few seconds after the PC stops transmitting. Things work fine if the PC initiates a conversation (e.g. by asking the RCX to send (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 3.774)

  Alpha tester wanted

Does anyone have the following: 1. A serial Mindstorms IR tower; 2. A Mac running MacOS X; 3. A serial port or adaptor with MacOS X drivers? If so, would you like to alpha-test a version of Robot Controller with serial support? I have written some (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 3.774)

  motors are stuck...

I recently inherited an RCX 1.0, a serial IR tower and a few motors from a gracious friend. After many headaches, I finally got legOS 0.2.5 running on RH 7.1 and am able to compile and DL programs to the RCX. There is one odd thing, however - of the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 3.774)

More:  Next Page >>