 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 2021 – 2040 of 2193.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: can you use the old type 9v motor with an RCX?

(...) Yes, you can use that motor with the RCX, but it draws significantly more current than the newer geared-down motors, so your batteries won't last as long. Dave (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.074)

  Re: Deleting Programs

(...) I created a user space program which does some of this. I call it "inspector" as it mostly inspects the values of sensors. It also shows the current battery reading and how long the RCX has been on. The UI is pretty simple to use. It also (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.074)

  Re: problems using arrays in NQC

wow, I tried what you said and it worked flawlessly. I feel kinda stupid for not having thought of that for so long. thanks. aatish aatish@mac.com "Alexander Cech" <alexander.cech@chel..._this_.at> wrote in message news:GtMKMo.H79@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 1.074)

  Re: lego turing machine

(...) I got to thinking, maybe this isn't so impossible after all. Imagine if you used 2x2 blocks with 2x2 tiles on top. Now you have something the RCX can lift. Run two pieces of train track parallel to each other, with four spots' width separating (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

long
(score: 1.073)

  WiiMote controlled shipyard crane

Recently, I've bought WiiMote (Nintendo Wii Controller), which can be tethered to a regular PC via Bluetooth. You can then use for example this library - (URL) - to read WiiMote buttons, IR and accelerometer data. I've combined this with a simple (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.073)

  Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #4 Results

Earlier today was the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #4. There were dozens of competitors, and even more robots. This was the best turnout yet for the number of competitors and robots at this event! Below is a summary of the results. For the full (and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

long
(score: 1.071)

  Re: cgywin

it seems make dosn't install by default with the cgywin setup file. i reinstalled cgywin with "make" and other needed modules: ash autoconf automake bash binutils cpio cygwin diff file fileutils findutils flex gcc grep less login make mingw patch (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.071)

  sys_timer

I recently adopted legOS as my development environment and I have to say I tremendously impressed. Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on it. It is really a first class, grade A product. Is sys_timer accurate to within 1 ms? unsigned long (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.069)

  What about this for a new RCX 2.5 setup?

Seems to me that the BEST implementation of the RCX would be for some CORE changes and feature sets to be built in. I realize that these would be somewhat expensive, but I would pay pretty good money to have an RCX with the following specs (built (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.068)

  MinuteTimer and currentTimeMillis()

I am writing a class which can be set with the actual time and then provide the value to other classes. It only has to be accurate to the minute. I've done this in NQC, but am trying to figure out how to do it using Lejos. If currentTimeMillis() is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

long
(score: 1.065)

  Thread class

// Thread Class for Legos // By Pongsak Suvanpong // psksvp@ccs.neu.edu // use it anyway you'd like as long as this comment is here #ifndef __THREAD_CLASS___ #define __THREAD_CLASS___ #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/dsensor.h> #include (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.065)

  Re: problem using emulegos

First off what OS are your running on? I do all emuLegOS development under Linux (Mandrake 8.1, not that it should matter), so if you are on any other platform you may run into issues. Of course emuLegOS should work on just about any Unix as long as (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.064)

  Re: seting up legos 0.2.6

"Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote: <snip> (...) When you install from the net, setup.exe actually still d/loads and saves files locally, in a subdirectory with a long funny name (containing the name of the host you d/load from) in your "package (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.064)

  Re: L-Rex Escapes

(...) OMGoodness!! That is the neatest thing I have seen in a long time!!! It's up there with Mr. Sato's dog! Keep up the great work! Dave!! (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long
(score: 1.063)

  Re: GUI for legOS

(...) It really WOULD be nice if someone created a simplified way of getting up and running for legOS, even if it didn't actually contain a GUI interface for programming (though I by no means would discourage someone from providing THAT as well!) or (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.063)

  Re: Announcing BricxCC release 3.3.5.6

(...) I wanted to publicly thank Rob Doucette for reporting the Access Violation bug and for helping me track down where it was occurring. I'd never have fixed it without his help. A big thank you also goes to David Schilling for reported the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

long
(score: 1.060)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

That is very interesting Jason. It is interesting that mm_free_mem() returns a 16bit value using a 32bit return code. Both int and long are 32bit value on most computers/compilers these days; short would be a 16bit value; and char would be an 8bit (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.060)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

kenneth, I believe the code you are looking for is used in program.c (for LegOS v0.2.6) When you press the View button (with no program running) LegOS will show you "FREE", press again, you will get the most significant portion of the free memory (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.060)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) My sources (gcc-3.0) say: #define INT_TYPE_SIZE (TARGET_INT32 ? 32 : 16) A short experiment revealed that sizeof(short)=sizeof(int)=2, sizeof(long)=4. So int is normally 16bit. Only with the switch "-mint32" I get 32 bit ints. This is with a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.060)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

I've been experimenting with memory leak detection in the wake of recent discussions, and have some additional thoughts, including a potential kernel patch issue. This msg is a bit long, appologies. The proposed method of checking for memory leaks (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

long
(score: 1.059)

More:  Next Page >>