 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2631
Re: seting up legos 0.2.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:01:42 GMT

"Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote:

<snip>
One other suggestion is to download the packages locally and install cygwin
from the locally saved packages.  This method worked well for me and allowed
my to change install directories when I chose to clean up my drives.  I
don't know if the download requirements are any less if you install from the
network (anyone?).  If so then it might be advantageous to install from the
network as compared to downloading approximately ???Mbytes of packages and
storing locally.

When you install from the net, setup.exe actually still d/loads and
saves files locally, in a subdirectory with a long funny name
(containing the name of the host you d/load from) in your "package
dir".

--
Cheers,
-Dima.