 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1501 – 1520 of 2193.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  LEGO MindStorms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

Hi, we want to build a Roboter with the following characteristics and under the following conditions: The roboter should be able to drive through a whole building by itself. During his drive he detects obstacles, walls etc. Everything he detects he (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.411)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

(...) Dave, We look forward to hearing how these tools work out for you. You should try Michael Zapp, (URL) about the USB applications. Ed (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb
(score: 1.410)

  controlling rcx with remote control

Hello, I'm new to this newsgroup but I need help with an issue... I'd like to control my rcx (with legos) with a tv remote control or likewise. I'm not a happy owner of the standard lego remote control and therefore I can not use the patch from (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir
(score: 1.409)

  Re: RCX <--> Pocket PC Communication

Yes, go here and get the software (URL) Has anyone tried to communicate with the RCX using a pocket pc? If you (...) You have to use a serial tower and a serial cable. (Null modem most likely.) For more info check out the lugnet.robotics.palm group. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.407)

  RE: Current state of pbforth

(...) Yeah, I haven't quite got around to implementing cut-and-paste... You can use Hyperterminal or any other similar teminal emulator set to 2400,n,8,1 once the firmware is loaded. Unless you have a USB port. OK, if you really need this, then I (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

usb
(score: 1.407)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

Happy New Year! (again) "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dpg41vcgltkjmnk...4ax.com... (...) A lot of infrared "in the air" certainly conflicts, because there are no IR-channels. A pair LED and transistor work in a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.404)

  Robolab - lejOS communication

Hi all, we are working on our final thesis using lego mindstorms. Our goal is to implement a neural network using the backpropagation algorithm. This neural network will then be used with a webcam for pattern recognition and classification. The (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

ir
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Wall wart for RCX 1.0

I use Radio Shack part number 273-1631. This has a selector switch which you should set to 9v for the RCX. The output from this particular transformer seems to be modestly stable, only rising to 10.5 volts or so off-load. This stays well within the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range
(score: 1.403)

  Re: LEGO MindStorms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

Hi, I know that the original post (read below) is kind of old, but the hole project seems quite interesting. I also read the reply that Mario posted. I agree with him in all the points. I'll assume that you want to develop a vehicle, not a robot (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.402)

  LEGO MindStorms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques 2

Hi, I know that the original post (read below) is kind of old, but the hole project seems quite interesting. I also read the reply that Mario posted. I agree with him in all the points. I'll assume that you want to develop a vehicle, not a robot (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.402)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication, more details

(...) Great, I just had too much time at hand, so I could already test the hypothesis above. Great, to be able to post a followup to my own message within half an hour... Ok, here it comes: The PC __IS__ swamping the RCX when using the LNP protocol. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

tower
(score: 1.402)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

A likely explanation for your downloading problem is the following. Standard Lego software uses 2400 baud data rate and a protocol that sends "double" bytes. The "double" byte is that each data byte is followed by its complement. Alternative (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.402)

  Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Seeing as how there's been little traffic here recently, I thought I'd post about something I found that's cleared up a little mystery (for me at least). It concerns the RCX register that is used to control the motors. This register lives at 0xf000. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 1.401)

  Re: write files

(...) If you just want to transfer the datalog and put it in a text file you can use the nqc command: nqc -datalog This will upload the datalog and print it to stdout. Use your shell I/O redirection to put it in a file... nqc -datalog >my.log (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb
(score: 1.401)

  IR Proximity Detection Problem

I have tried to get proximity dectection via RCX emitting IR (SendMessage/NQC) and Light Sensor (mounted on top of the RCX's IR unit). But the raw values seemed to be the same with/without emitting IR. Average value was 725. Went up to 800 (black (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.401)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Joe, [some reordering of comments for clarity] (...) The idea is to pick a certain number of functions that will fit in the upper RAM space (~2900 bytes) and put these functions in a seperate linker section (other than the default ".text" section). (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range
(score: 1.401)

  RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

Having read the messages in the various newsgoups, I must admit I'm a little puzzled. I've seen a lot of discussion about IR communication, but I don't think I have a straight answer. I have an RCX, a Scout, and some Spybotics under the Christmas (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

ir
(score: 1.400)

  Tower crane

(URL) confess not looking closely at this when it was first publicised. It's amazing. (see also : (URL) ) There is mention at the end of the page of the use of an RCX but not much additional detail... John K. if you're on the list (or anyone else), (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.400)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) With the latest release of Brixcc, you have the ability to control the spybot. I sent commands to the spybot from Bricxx, but havent' gotten to the point of actually sending commands from the RCX to the Spybot--been a little busy lately. That (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

ir
(score: 1.399)

  RCX remote and Spybotics

Will the RCX remote control conflict with the IR signals from the Spybotics controller? I don't have a remote control, but I'd like to get one for my RCX so I can build my own style bot to compete with my kids, but I want to make sure my remote will (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir
(score: 1.399)

More:  Next Page >>