 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 141 – 160 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: ROM image using USB tower

(...) Andrew, I grabbed a ROM image awhile back using a serial tower and an RCX 1.0. I haven't tried this on a 2.0 brick, but I think the ROMware is identical in all RCX versions. Although Kekoa's SEND.C uses the serial tower, it is not too hard to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.666)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

(...) This sounds identical to the situation described by Rob Hendrix in (URL) Anderson from LEGO suggested via email that the USB port may not be giving the tower sufficient current. Perhaps you could try a powered hub? John Hansen (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.666)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

hi, all, I'm going to dig into my big cable/accessories bin to for my powered usb hub tonight. I don't have a pc-usb card though. Bob, please post if your test with the pc card work... -- thank you very much... E ===...=== (...) of (...) tower (...) (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.666)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

Hi, Nathan, I truly suspect that the issue is the Toshiba hardware of this particular laptop model. I have 3 Dell desktops, 3 laptops. They all have built in usb ports, either 2.0 or 1.0. They all work fine, with the identical setup up, even with (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.664)

  Lego IR serial tower!

Hello! I'd like to use leJOS on linux but it seems not so good support for usb IR tower, so I'd like to get one IR serial tower like the one from RIS 1.0/1.5, as no parts' sales in HK. Can anyone tell me what should I do? Rgds, Laurence (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.659)

  Re: usb tower failed in XP!

After I have done trouble-shooting for hours on my toshiba-laptop, the point of failure seems to be between the ir tower & the rcx...: - the ir tower did insteed install properly... I have verified with the device manager as well. - the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.657)

  failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

PC: toshiba - P25 series model with four usb 2.0 ports, an bluetooth/wi-fi capability, w/ infrared port built in as well. IR Tower : usb RCX : 1.0 Symptom: - communication between the ir tower & laptop is fine... verified with the device manager - (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.657)

  usb tower failed in XP!

OS: winXP Robolab : 2.5.2 machine: Toshiba Satellite-p25... coming with 4 usb ports and a IR port. Symptom: - usb tower driver installed fine. - I even verified with device manager that the lego usb tower did indeed install properly. Robolab (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.653)

  Re: usb tower failed in XP!

Since this subject does not match the possible problem, I started a new thread to reflect the more accurate symptom "failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower" (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.649)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I may be stepping out on a limb, but have you tried reformatting the laptop that doesn't work? What about using NQC or the original Lego software to test and make sure its not RoboLab in combination with your laptop that is causing errors. Ok, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.648)

  Re: Using USB Tower with Alternative Firmware

Hi, AFAIK only the following changes need to be made to a COMM-driver to work with USB (Windows only): First of all the Lego-USB-Driver has to be installed (happens automatically when you install the MindStorms/RIS-software). (In Control Panel the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, long, tower
(score: 1.646)

  Re: Lego IR serial tower!

look on ebay ? I'd sell you mine (and buy a USB one) but the postage from here to HK might be huge? "Laurence Yip" <95459906@moscow.cityu.edu.hk> wrote in message news:3D259F9E.9B8891....edu.hk... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.637)

  Re: Lego IR serial tower!

Hi! Thanks for Maggie first! Second, Where do you live? in US? How much do you want to sell your IR serial tower, is it in a good condition. Have you used JavaAPI or anything else to control it, are you working on windows9x enviroment, I 'd like to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.637)

  Re: Lego IR serial tower!

Hi! Agnus, I'm really sorry for my previous mail without acknowledge you! Where do you live? in US? How much do you want to sell your IR serial tower? is it in a good condition? Are you using JavaAPI or anything else to control mindstorms robot as (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.636)

  Any news on USB support for linux?

Hi there, Is there any news on the development of support for the USB IR tower under linux? I found a HOWTO on the net by Ryan Simmons which claims to be able to get the tower working using a patch written by Bret Thaeler. (URL) anyone been able to (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.634)

  control multiple mindstorms robots using 1 IR tower!

Hi all! I'd like to control multiple mindstorms robots using one IR tower with replacing the default firmware for RCX unit to leJOS! Is it possible? I do consider the problem of how to distinguish the different RCX units inside the robots within the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir, tower
(score: 1.621)

  USB2 and IR-Tower problem

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here had experienced any problems using the IR-tower on a USB2 port? My university has just upgraded 20 of the pc's used for the Lego, the previous setup worked fine and the tower was attached to just a normal USB (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.610)

  Announcing Full Throttle - Control LDCC From Windows

I have just released (URL) version 1.00> of a program that I call Full Throttle. This Windows application uses your Mindstorms IR tower (either serial or USB) to communicate with an RCX that is running (URL) Mark Riley's LDCC replacement firmware> (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX) !!

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.605)

  Re: leJOS & LDCC IRP

(...) Yes, this is right, to be friendly to as many implementations of the Lego IR protocol as possible, receiving programs should just mask off bit 3. (...) While the code is there to discern packets with different addresses, I haven't yet added (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.trains)

range, ir, tower
(score: 1.600)

  USB/Serial Converter

Hi, folks. I've tried to connect to my RCX 1.0 (firmware 0328) from my laptop. Since I have only a serial IR tower, it works fine on my desktop PC, but communications won't work when I use a USB/serial converter to connect it to my laptop (there (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.597)

More:  Next Page >>