 Robotics / RCX / 381
Re: OO programing in RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:52:51 GMT

In article <Fo4MDr.FJq@lugnet.com>, "David Leeper"
<david.leeper@destiny.com> wrote:

David Leeper (would love to see NQC++)

I toyed with a couple of ideas for this, but most of the really useful
things can't be done using the standard bytecodes.  About the only thing I
came up with was a way to wrap the standard API calls up into some
classes.  However, implementing this would be a lot of work for something
that in the end would still feel contrived.

Enforceable data encapsulation would also be nice, but again a lot of work
for only marginal return.  None of my programs are so complex that such
protection is essential.

Ironically, the NQC compiler itself is very OO.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com