 Robotics / RCX / 2354
Re: multiple motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:26:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Jona,

Take a look at Fingers from Sumo-bot 4 (on YOUR web site  :)  :)

http://www.24tooth.com/SumoBotFour.html

Here's a pretty good picture from the bottom.

Now that is conveinient! ;)

This robot uses 4 motors (two RCX outputs) to drive 6 wheels.  That's kind of
the opposite of what you want, but it may get you started.  Just take out the
two middle wheels, and replace them with motors.

8t on the motor -> 40t -> 24tooth on the differential.

I'll try to draw up something

Steve

I am messing around with this idea hoping to get the gear ratio I want (2:5). I
currently have 16t on the motors driving 40t on the drive axle. I haven't come
up with a good way to incorporate the differential and additonal motors while
maintaining this gear ratio. I guess I will keep playing with it.

Thanks,

Jona
http://www.24tooth.com - LEGO Robotics Group of Ann Arbor