 Robotics / RCX / 1133
Re: light sensor multiplexer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:09:46 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Michael Gasperi writes:
Ok I agree what you say about time constant of your RC
But still by using such low resistance you are wasting power. almost 1.5 mA
is flowing through this 4.7K.
you can keep RC constant and increase R that should improve performance.
what I do is I have 5.2V zener in series with 120Kand 10pF this takes
current of 40MicroAmp.

"Nitin Patil" <gn1721@lycos.com> wrote in message

Also what I did not like in your desigh is 4.7K resistor. which changes
reading in measure  cycle.

With the 0.1uF in parallel with the 4.7K, the voltage on the clock circuit
is still above the measurement voltage during the normal read interval.  It
doesn't effect the reading because the diodes are reverse biased.  The 4.7K
only comes into play when the power is cut by switching to passive.  Then
the capacitor is discharged by it down to where it would effect the reading,
but your not reading it then.