 Robotics / RCX / *8325 (-20)
  New Version of pbForth with DCC Support Released

All, I've just finished updating the pbForth webiste with information on the latest version of pbForth that supports DCC. Yay! Yes, you can use Mark Riley's excellent train control firmware, but if you want to write code that starts and stops trains (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Linux help

Does anyone have the following precompiled binaries available for download for i386? firmdl3 dll I could really do with them, then I wouldn't need the gcc 2.95 compiler. Cheers, Ralph "Ralph Clark" <Ralph.Clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Sending a message from RCX to Spybotic

I'm working at a project where I need the ability to send a message from RCX (1.5) to a Spybotic. Do anyone know the Code for this? Andreas (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Events in robolab

Hi, Bill, Thanks for the info, first of all. Regarding the pastedGraphic1.tiff, it was removed by my Mcaffee as a suspected unsafe unattachment. By any chance it may be downloadable from some web site? Thanks in advance! Regarding the new web site, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Driver for Linux USB Tower

Try to read this page : (URL) contained a bug introduced in version 2.4.21 which will lock the kernel if used with legousbtower driver. Linux version 2.4.22-pre3 and above include the fix and are safe to use. usb-ohci was fixed in Linux version (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Driver for Linux USB Tower

(...) hi, I got some warnings when I tried to install the driver for the legousbtower again. Now I used the driver, which is provided by the lejos-software (I didn't download the driver from (URL) this time). Here are the warnings: # make cc (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Linux help

Are there any complete instructions for installing brickOS on Linux? The instructions in the FAQ are years out of date. I am very confused what I am meant to be doing. So far I have downloaded and installed these rpms: a.. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

(...) Any official word on this? Or just rumor? I think that would make me break down and finally buy a copy instead of fiddling with the MindStorms Software in Virtual PC ... Greetings Horst (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Events in Robolab on Jerry's Web site

(...) Sorry for the typos and misdirection, and thanks, Bill, for the correction and support for my project. Go to www3.sympatico.ca/jdkalpin and navigate to the project 'LEGO Level'. Other projects use Robolab too. Jerry (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: Events in Robolab on Jerry's Web site

Hello all, One of the great things on Jerry site is "self-leveling sensor setup". It uses Robolab code, a HiTechnic EOPD sensor, and Lego parts. Really an amazing piece of Lego building and Robolab code writing. You should pay close attention to how (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Elizabeth, Robolab is not well documented because the price/volume combination would not pay for the kind of support it needs. What is needed, before anything else, is a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

M. Lichtenberg has just said what I have been looking for. I got the RIS or my 3 middle school boys last summer, I found it could be a great tool to cultivate the robotics knowledge among the middle schoolers or even elementary school children; (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

Hi John, repairing the privilegs is a very good idea ... for the first choice much better then mine. Your second idea .... also ... (...) ... but this ways does not run on newer Mac that do not boot on MacOS 9. Ralf Am 29.12.2003 20:33 Uhr schrieb (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Events in Robolab

(...) I use Robolab to teach middle schoolers about building and programming Lego robots. I like Robolab because the kids pick up on the icons very quickly and get a handle the basics of programming within a few class sessions. BUT I do not venture (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: random problems...

(...) I found out what my problem was. I didn't seed the random number. This seems to be REQUIRED. (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random problems...

(...) How do you know that it return 0 ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

<snippage> (...) try running the disk utility program found in the application/utilities folder and use it to repair the privilages on the disk. this may or may not help but I know I run into this problem when trying to install OS updates. If the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  random problems...

I'm having a problem with the random() function in BrickOS. I keep getting a return value of zero. Is there something that needs to be set-up before using the function? What kind of value does it return? I've seen documentation that says it returns (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Maximum Subroutine numbers?

(...) Mmhhh... interesting! that could explain why I had some NQC programs using events that worked fine and some others that didn't... Experiments needed! Thanks Dick, Philo (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Is there a bug database?

While I was dwelling on the fundamental interconnectedness of all (...) I'm running 2.5.3 already. Not aware of it being beta, though. (...) Too bad. A bug database would save lots of time duplicating efforts, and would also be a good educational (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact