 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 299
Re: Events in Robolab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 22:44:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote:

<snip>
I currently do own a domain and a site with good amount of disk space where
I use for my children robotics learning business. I can start there. If I
don't hear any objection, I will build a prototype.  Suggestion is very
welcomed.  I most likely not able to be get a prototype up until, perhaps on
1/5 due to the holiday.
<snip>

Elizabeth, Robolab is not well documented because the price/volume combination
would not pay for the kind of support it needs.

What is needed, before anything else, is a place (on your website?) where folks
can find out what constitutes a complete up-to-date system.  Also, we need to
know how to procure 'a complete system'.  For example, some 'upgrades' that are
sold in the USA cannot be purchased here in Ontario, Canada due to licence
agreements between Pitsco-Lego-Dacta and their vendor (Spectrum).  Also, the
licensee can decide, even if he is permitted to sell an upgrade, that due to low
volume he won't ...but Pitsco is still prevented from selling it.

Lack of documentation leads to extreme aggravation for those trying to use it.
We know how good LabView is ...?!  I use it in most of my projects, on
http://www3.sympatico.ca.jdkalpin but I don't try to get too fancy.

Jerry