 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 298
Re: Events in Robolab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:34:47 GMT

M. Lichtenberg has just said what I have been looking for.

I got the RIS or my 3 middle school boys last summer, I found it could be a
great tool to cultivate the robotics knowledge among the middle schoolers or
even elementary school children; especially there is availability of nqc and
others.   I found schools nowadays are really lacking in science and math.
That inspires me to start a robotics learning center or kids.

Although my background is a system software developer, I am not equipped
with great web site development skill. Meanwhile, I just started to play
occassionally with the robolab with my spare time since September, 2003.  I
have also encountered problems with events functions from Robolab.  I did
not want to even suspect the event driven infrastructure in Robolab being
unreliable because I was still a novice in Robolab. I am sure there are a
lot more experts out there who can do a better job starting web site than I
can.   Having said that, I would not mind to take the initiative to start a
web site where everyone can build on issues.

I currently do own a domain and a site with good amount of disk space where
I use for my children robotics learning business. I can start there. If I
don't hear any objection, I will build a prototype.  Suggestion is very
welcomed.  I most likely not able to be get a prototype up until, perhaps on
1/5 due to the holiday.

For starters, all we need to do is share our knowledge, pool it together, • and
publish it on the web.  That means users 'publish' the code that they • can't get
to work so all can see it.  Maybe a solution is found, maybe not.  But • everyone
shares the knowledge.

Would that be so hard?