 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 295
Re: Is there a bug database?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:21:51 GMT

While I was dwelling on the fundamental interconnectedness of all
things on Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:42:20 GMT, "Bill Blackmer"
<bill@bbccd.org> wrote:

Don,

Here is a link that hopefully will help you:

http://www.ceeo.tufts.edu/robolabatceeo/

Thanks, I'll check it out.

It contains the latest patch levels including the beta patch to Robolab
2.5.3 for the Mac and PC.

I'm running 2.5.3 already.  Not aware of it being beta, though.

There is not a public bug list. Part of the problem with a public bug list
is the Robolab by Tufts is based on Labview by NI; therefore some issues
float between the two groups. You can email the Tufts site and you may get
an answer to a specific problem.

Too bad.  A bug database would save lots of time duplicating efforts,
and would also be a good educational tool to show how professional
programmers can use bug reports.  I really hate it when an
organization is too insecure to admit the possibility of a mistake.

There are several good publications and CD's on using Robolab however the
price is over $85.00 a piece.

I am big fan of Robolab. If you are going to Portland for Brickfest in
February I am planning on doing a presentation on Advanced Robolab there.

I much prefer other languages and environments, but my son's school
needs help with it, so I'm trying to determine what works and what
doesn't and how best to use it.

<snip>