 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 302
Re: Events in robolab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 04:27:34 GMT

Hi, Bill,

Thanks for the info, first of all.

Regarding the pastedGraphic1.tiff, it was removed by my Mcaffee as a suspected
unsafe unattachment. By any chance it may be downloadable from some web site?
Thanks in advance!

Regarding the new web site, yes, I would like to help out... we can perhaps
coordinate this.  Perhaps the decision of which domain and website to be used
can take a lower prioriity than a more well-defined goal this site should serve.
Direct connection to the Tufts' CEEO is definitely my first approach, since
they've already had dedicated area for using ROBOLAB.  Then, I think it would
also be good to contact the lugnet administrator to see if we, the ones
volunteer the work, can use their resource to build a site.

What I have in mind for the time being include (I have also added yours in) :

1) main page to define the goal, e.g., this is designed to serve as a
knowledgebase focusing on Robolab..., etc.
2) topics are listed as a format of table of content.
3) projects, along with explanation, and possibly video
4) third-party sensors for Robolab
5) special events, such as date for the FIRST tournament
6) glossary page, I agree with you that this should only provide the
medium-to-hard ones since the basics are very well covered by Robolab.
7) Known bugs, version where found, symptom, and their resolution, if any.
8) Jerry Kalpin suggested :
  a.. What constitutes a complete up-to-date system
  b.. list if there is some upgrades that may only be available in one state,
but not others; shows link or method to get the upgrade (hmm... this can be
harder than we may think, because it may require to search the appropriate
contact from the corresponding legal parties)
9) supplemental documentation
10) a reference page where links to other good lego/robolab site; brief details
for each link

Questions:
1)Web Control? Would you elaborate on this? Do you mean building a web control
panel?
2) discussion of Mindstorms SDK? If my recollection serves me right, there is
already a site for this... I'll see if I can find it again.
3) You mentioned the Robolab setup with XP / W2k, etc. CEEO has already provided
details for.  Perhaps, we can just add in links?

Nothing fancy like using macromedia, gif, etc. initially, unless someone
volunteers to build some; nor will there be web services in the initial phase.

my 2cents!

By the way, it is 11:26pm 12/31/2003.  I am going to watch the ball drop at NYC
right in front of my TV with a glass of wine... with my husband, and 3 boys...

Wish you all have a great 2004!

--
EM