 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 307
Re: Events in robolab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 04:46:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, James Isom wrote:
   We can use my site to host a knowledge base for Robolab. I would be happy to help out. I was thinking of doing something similar for the students and teachers I teach anyway.

My goal is to make up for some of documentation shortcomings with useful concrete examples and explanations of some of the more obscure commands. • SNIP -j.

James Isom http://robotics.megagiant.com

Any concrete examples of why this code sequence works and that one doesn’t would be very helpful and provide a base for new or less experienced students and teachers to build on. The examples need not deal with obscure commands either. For example: I’d like to see someone create a Robolab line following program that employs light forks to differentiate between a ‘travel’ line of one color with ‘border-lines’ on either side each using a different and contrasting color. A triple color track should be able to indicate on which side of the center track you were on. It looks simple to program but I’ve tried it and I can’t seem to get the results I want on a slow moving vehicle. There are probably hundreds of similar “why doesn’t this work?” issues out there which offer some good teaching-learning opportunities. Mitch Lichtenberg