 Robotics / RCX / *6825 (-20)
  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I had a go at those instructions then gave up after 3 weeks of trying to get them to work. "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message news:H2JupE.J4w@lugnet.com... (...) most (...) no (...) for (...) my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Actually there is a set of updated instructions for Windows with the most recent being for brickOS. brickOS is the continued development effort foe legOS. AT the request of The LEGO Group the name has changed. So the most recent information can be (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX simulator ?

(...) Yes, to give you even a better idea, I made a page with some of the ideas (and pictures ofcourse), see (URL) Mientki (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication

(...) Kaspar, There is a bug with serial towers with RCXPort in lejos 2.0. This causes the problem you are seeing. There is a fixed version in (URL) fixes RCXPort, but I haven't put the fix in the LNP versions yet. I only have a USB Tower, and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Pass by reference

Ralph, The second parameter to the task is a pointer to an array of pointers. Those pointers (under DOS and other OSes) normally point to parameters on the command line (string data). However, there is no reason to not use them for other data types. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Follow these instuctions word for word: (URL) 0.2.6 in place of 0.2.4 wherever it crops up and you'll have no problems. (Well, it worked for me using Win98 so hopefully it'll work for you) "Redline" <trust@global.net.au> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Pass by reference

More specifically, how can you pass by reference to a thread?? I thought a thread could only take chracter arguments in an array? Thanks "Ralph Clark" <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H2HwuD.L6L@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Hi all, I've been trying to get LegOS working on my Win XP machine using the cygwin emulator but I cannot execute "Makefile"; hence I downloaded "make" from the fs foundation but I am new to this, so have no idea how to install make --- generally I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication, more details

Hi Kaspar, Thanx for the information. In the Lejos-discussion mailing list (Sept 13), Lawrie Griffiths wrote: "A timeout of 100 milliseconds or more should ensure that it reads all the bytes in one message." Looks like it confirms what you (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication, more details

(...) Great, I just had too much time at hand, so I could already test the hypothesis above. Great, to be able to post a followup to my own message within half an hour... Ok, here it comes: The PC __IS__ swamping the RCX when using the LNP protocol. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  RCX <-> PC communication, more details

Thanks for the three of you (Francois, Roger and Lawrence) who have answered to my questions. I was asked to state some more details, which I'll do here: I am working under linux (SuSE 7.3) and since the linux version of java does not yet support (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX simulator ?

just what is an RCX simulator? is it a virtual brick that resides on your computer? -tk (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Pass by reference

Hi. Do we have pass by reference in the current version of legOS? If we don't, I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me a simple example of how to do the same thing in C using pointers and whatever. (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication

(...) Lawrie Griffiths asked me to forward the following to you: RCXPort should be about twice as fast as RCXF7Port. Do you have a serial or USB tower? I am concerned that you don't get complete reliabilty with RCXPort - I do with a USB Tower. (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX simulator ?

thanks Ralf, this may be a very good starting point ;-) I'm considering to create a RCX simulator (if there isn't any), but cann't oversee how much work it is .... cheers, Stef Mientki (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX simulator ?

Look at (URL) has a simulator for the RCX. It's in beta but I saw that there is all of the sources on his page. Hope this helps ... Ralf (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication

(...) I have not done any experimenting with Data Streams yet since I can get by with bytes. I have tried both the RCXPort and the RCXF7Port. The big advantage of the RCXPort using the LLC protocol is that if the RCX gets out of range or behind an (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  RCX simulator ?

hello All, I was wondering if there exists a RCX-simulator for M$-Windows ? best regards, Stef Mientki (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication

Hi Kaspar, Did you compile the PC end program using javac and did you add pcrcxcomm.jar from the lejos lib directory to your CLASSPATH? Could you give some more details about your problem (what platform are you working on? complete code...)? Wap (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: small patch to build dll on linux

John, I believe I have a good solution. I ran a test both under Win98 and a forced Linux OS (set OSTYPE=LINUX in makefiles). Below is a patch file for the current CVS version of brickOS. As soon as I get confirmation that this does fix my bug I will (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact