 Robotics / RCX / Java / 217
Re: RCX <-> PC communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:16:58 GMT

Hello Kaspar,
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Kaspar von Gunten writes:

I get the following results:

F7 (RCXF7Port) :
PC -> RCX: 2.44 sec/int
RCX -> PC: 0.48 sec/int

LLC (RCXPort) :
PC -> RCX: not working (only a few of the 20 numbers got transmitted,
some of them incorrectly)
RCX -> PC: 0.32 sec/int

LNP (RCXLNPPort) :
PC -> RCX: fast, but not all numbers arrive, about 3/20 are missing
RCX -> PC: 0.16 sec/int

Lawrie Griffiths asked me to forward the following to you:

RCXPort should be about twice as fast as RCXF7Port. Do you have a serial or
USB tower? I am concerned that you don't get complete reliabilty with
RCXPort - I do with a USB Tower.