 Robotics / RCX / *4370 (-20)
  Re: The sound of train

I don't have any .dat or .wav files, but te create steam engine sounds, use white noise and pulse it. This is an old trick for that. Sonnich Zhengrong Zang <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:3AB96E4A.45E7A5...ame.com... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Analogue Control of Pneumatics

(...) I wouldn't say that at all. Its just that you'd need a good supply of compressed air (there's plenty of compressor designs about) and a good feedback mechanism. This is by no means impossible - just a bit tricky. ROSCO trimmed lugnet.general (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Analogue Control of Pneumatics

(...) Ok. So you can't do it with pneumatics. Looking around for alternative ways of making a power steering mechanism, I found this link (URL) which gives an RCX based motor driven mechanism that might be of interest to others. Al Telanco (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: video game type thing...

(...) havent followed the whole conversation here, but if ur doing an "if "test and it doesnt hit when it should, you might consider displaying the TOUCH_2 variable on the display just before the "if" test, it might not be what you think it is! (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  video game type thing...

Well, it still doesn't work even with the if(TOUCH_2){} instead of if(TOUCH_2 == 1){} . Any ideas? Nick H. (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

"Nitin Patil" <gn1721@lycos.com> wrote in message news:GALoKA.Eto@lugnet.com... (...) mA (...) If you use my simple approach, you need 4.7k and around 0.1uF. You need a low enough resistance to guarantee that the voltage drops to CMOS logic level 0 (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Ooooops!

(...) You're right Mario. Like everyone else, I'm busy at my real job, but when I get time here and there I'm making improvements to the kernel. One idea was to provide multi-tasking built-in and having a standard button driver will help with (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Michael Gasperi writes: Ok I agree what you say about time constant of your RC But still by using such low resistance you are wasting power. almost 1.5 mA is flowing through this 4.7K. you can keep RC constant and increase R (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Ooooops!

(...) it? (...) From what I understood (I might be wrong) while the pbforth kernel is running the buttons have no predefined action, so there's no way to make the RCX sleep without using the terminal console. Of course you can do that in your own (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  The sound of train

I need the the dat of sound of train warning or alert for my RCX controlled train projects, does anyone help me? Zhengrong (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  New Site

I have created a new site as a reference for educators using RoboLab in the classroom. I would love to have some of you visit the site and provide feedback. At present we have only a few examples, but we are working on adding many more. The most (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.loc.us.in) !

"Nitin Patil" <gn1721@lycos.com> wrote in message news:GAKC9v.F5A@lugnet.com... (...) With the 0.1uF in parallel with the 4.7K, the voltage on the clock circuit is still above the measurement voltage during the normal read interval. It doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

(...) Regarding the power used I think you are correct since it is or the order of few microamp. but even then your design can not ( rather Do not ) switch power. Also what I did not like in your desigh is 4.7K resistor. which changes reading in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Rainer Balzerowski writes: hi Rainer (...) This is not true since you need to maximum of 60ms after that time out occurs in microconterolor and it chanes the sensor. yes that is true that it is slow for your application. I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

(...) I'll bet you can't even measure the power used in the two CMOS parts. Why don't you publish your design so we can pick on it? Michael Gasperi (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Ooooops!

Ingore the message where I wrote that the RCX didn´t start. It started without showing the "4th" on the lcd screen. Does anyone know how to do that? I mean that when you press the "ON - OFF" button it beeps and shows the "4th" or something. Just so (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

Hi Nitin, (...) Yes, sadly but true. That's why I have to use a battery anyway. (Or an output, but I would save it for other tasks.) (...) I understand. I should have explained what i'm doing with the sharps, sorry. I have a task running, that (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bug in RCX 2.0 beta (Was: RIS 2.0 software now in beta)

(...) Hi Sebastian I think you're right in your analysis and TLG may silently have fixed the problem, because if you look at the Vision Command installation, you'll find that some of the SDK DLLs are newer in that release. For fun, I copied the DLLs (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

Hi Rainer, I do not understand quite your point about timing. Regarding to power sharp takes much more than what your RCX can give ( my measuremants show that RCX gives RMS current of )15 mA only this is not going to drive your sharp at all. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

(...) Hi Nitin, okay, I see. Sorry, but then your circuit isn't interesting for me. I thought about using Sharp GP2D12 with it, but that won't work. First the Sharps have a current consumption of about 33mA up to 50mA max. Second the Sharps need (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact