 Robotics / RCX / *3995 (-20)
  Re: Another way to avoid Float

Thank you for your answer Andy. (...) In fact I built my robot (let's call him R2D1 ) for navigation, pathfinding and auto mapping purpose. I restrict his evolution to the (flat) floor of my house. I don't know yet if I'll be able to reach all of my (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS lcd management and thoughts on velocities

Thank you Jochen for your answer. If I well understand the ds_rotation_handler code, the timeout is set to 1 second. So the velocity may drop to zero 1 second after wheels really stop. In the specific case of my robot (I call it R2D1), this will be (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Mac IR tower error: No response from IR device

I'm trying to download the firmware using MacNQC. When ever I try, I get the problem: Error: No response from IR device. I'm using a Mac beige G3, printer port, OS 9.0.4. I'm using a Palm Mac adapter and the lego cable. The green light does come on (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Minimum Spanning Tree

Hi, I have got a problem with a program I wrote, and I can't find the error. My intention was to have the program calculate a minimum spanning tree on basis of Kruskals algorithm, which most of you are familiar with, I presume. The program expects (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX analog input?

(...) (URL) a great site for all that stuff. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX analog input?

I haven't been reading any of the LUGNET robotics groups until a month or so ago when I bought my first Mindstorms 1.5 kit and entered into this branch of LEGO. (so sorry if this has been posted before and I haven't seen it in any FAQ's) My question (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: thermal sensor

"Grath" <jgreene750@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G7s5LD.Bzq@lugnet.com... (...) thermal (...) 12K at room temperature. I've never found one like this, so you use a 10K at room temp thermistor with a 2K in series. There is a lot on this (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Another way to avoid Float

(...) them. (...) diameter. (...) wheel (...) This is all well and good, but the all consuming problem with location tracking is slippage. What happens if one wheel slips? What about if it hits an obstacle at an angle? If you find some way around (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  thermal sensor

yo whatup, does anybody happen to know what the ohmage on a mindstorms thermal sensor is? im assuming its just a thermal resistor. if any1 can lemme know itll save me the trouble of figuring it out myself with a meter and potentiometer. thanx Grath (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX display

"Andi Scharfstein" <calvin8@t-online.de> wrote in message news:3A7144B8.702040...line.de... (...) The highest level way to get to the display is by using Mindscript. This is a language for the RCX you an get from LEGO. You download it from the main (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX display

Hi, I suppose it must have been done before, because it is so obvious, but I can't seem to be able to find information about it on the web. Can anybody tell me how to access the RCX display directly, that is, for example, display numbers or such? A (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS lcd management and thoughts on velocities

(...) Yes, I have written that support. First you have to enable it, by removing the comments from the line in legOS/boot/config.h. Then recompile the kernel and all apps. After you have programmed the rotation sensor in the usual way you can read (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Visual NQC 2001 Beta 2

To all testers, Runtime error 380 stands for invalid property. This can happen when you try to compile a program in the editor. I had the error ones during development but it didn't come up anymore. Next week I'm starting bugfixing again and see if (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  How many motors can accept a RCX ?

Hi, everybody <DISCLAIMER> Excuse me first for my newbieness here on Lugnet. and also for my frenchieness, but it's not my fault ! </DISCLAIMER> I have a question I'd like to submit: Because of extreme needs of power/ acceleration (it was about (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Confusion regarding the POWER_OFF command.

(...) I was too. It's a bit goofy, so I'll try to explain as I go... (...) That's fine - the only thning you need to do (I think - I'm away from my RCX) is to put POWER_INIT just before POWER_OFF. The POWER_INIT word initializes the interrupt (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

I have downloaded and installed Beta 2. I am having a problem that I had with beta 1. When I "Compile" I get a "Runtime Error '380' Invalid Property Value". Am I alone in this problem? If so, what does it mean? Is something missing from my Win98? -- (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: sleep efficientcy

(...) value (...) There are two issues: 1 do you want to do anything while waiting, 2 how quick do you want to respond to the event. In both cases using an event is better. You can do something else until the event happens (synchronization issuses (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Visual NQC 2001

I've fixed a lot of problems thanks to your testing and reporting. Beta relase 2 is now available on (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Confusion regarding the POWER_OFF command.

I'm a little confused with the POWER_OFF word. From reading the documentation, I would have though the following would work: POWER_INIT : test BEGIN DO-WORK POWER_OFF 0 UNTIL ; When 'test' is executed, both 'DO-WORK' and 'POWER_OFF' are executed, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: sleep efficientcy

(...) value (...) Ross, I can't speak about efficiency - I dont know enogh about embedded programming, but I've had better results using wait_event. I've tried both msleep() and yield() in a loop, and just calling wait_event with a function that (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact