 Robotics / RCX / *2615 (-20)
  Re: Bug in HEX handling?

(...) Thanks. That helps. Case sensitivity is good but requiring upper case for hex is annoying. I suppose this is forth standard. That is one thing that I find annoying about forth, that most builtin words are upper case. It reveals the age of (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Bug in HEX handling?

(...) If you use U. (unsigned dot) you will get FFFF. The "." is for signed numbers. (...) Yes it is, but pbForth is case sensitive. Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Bug in HEX handling?

HEX is not working the way I think it should in 1.1.1. Is this wrong or do I not understand something. This is 1.1.1 pbmax.srec. ok DECIMAL ok 65536 DUP . -1 ok HEX . -1 Why isn't this ffff? ok 300b 300b ? undefined word Isn't 300b a legal hex (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: random

What version are you using? I believe random/srandom are broken in all non-CVS versions of legOS. To get the CVS version, head to (URL) and follow the instructions on that page. Should work fine- I just tested the new random() two hours ago and it (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NCQ and LegOS

(...) LegOS, yes. NQC, not as you'd probably like -- although you do get access to 32 register variables, and of course you can use the datalog. (...) With LegOS yes. With NQC and the original firmware, no. With the upcoming release of the new (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  random

Hi! Back again with more problems. I want to use random() in my programs and looking in stdlib.h it looks like it is implemented. It says: extern long int random(void); extern void srandom(unsigned int seed); When I didn't have stdlib.h included, I (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC and rcx2

All the things I've tried work fine. The only thing I find confusing is the events and control of global objects. Could you try to explain how to set-up and use these features? James Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NCQ and LegOS

I am a newcomer to the mindstorms world, and I have not progressed from programming in the programming environment supplied with the product. Before I start to think about NQC and LegOS, I would like to know a bit more about the added advantages. Do (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: DJGPP/DOS legOS Howto

Long term, though, I'd like to put everything (or at least links to everything) in one place on sourceforge- it'll make it much easier for newbies. Of course, I suppose the HOWTO has to be the first step to that :( Luis (...) ---...--- "Going to (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Robocup with Mindstorm/ legOS

(...) I recently held a Mindstorms competition and determined that battling robots was too difficult a task for the novice Mindstormer. I ended up doing a maze navigation competition. You can check out the results as well as rules format here: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  FW: pbForth Feedback

-----Original Message----- From: ian@dolphin.pst.cfmu...control.be [mailto:ian@dolphin....ontrol.be] On Behalf Of Ian Wild Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 3:18 AM To: Ralph Hempel Subject: Re: pbForth Feedback (...) Indeed it did not. I've patched four (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: DJGPP/DOS legOS Howto

Sweet. Sorry about not figuring out the upload permission sooner. I'll try to figure things out tonight... Luis (...) ---...--- "Going to California with an aching in my heart. Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in her eyes and (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Finally able to add asm forth words (long)

(...) Yep. But if I have two choices I will always steal from working code over documentation. I will always write code in C first and see what assembler the compiler creates, especialy on a new machine. Trust what already works. -- (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  DJGPP/DOS legOS Howto

I've posted the howto for using the DJGPP port of GNU tools on a Windows system. It can be found here: (URL) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Taking the plunge

OK I'm about to nervously take the plunge. My code assembles and I'm about to push it off the cliff and see if it flies. If any one feels bored please feel free to review the following and make comments. Finding bugs by inspection is always easier. (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Finally able to add asm forth words (long)

(...) Steve, You ARE using Kekoa's Internals document, right? Here's the part that describes the interrupt vector redirection. In fact, that's what I do for grabbing the OC1B interrupt for the servo control words... remember intercepting the (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Finally able to add asm forth words.

(...) It puzzled me for quite a while until I realized that the output was in pbforth.s. Once I saw the results it was much easier. (...) I agree. I have no interest in supporting a varient. I'll hack until it seems to work and then pass it to you (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Robocup with Mindstorm/ legOS

Hello Thorsten, (...) you can get some inspiration for example at: (13 URLs) (ROBOLAB Curriculum) (4 URLs) We wonder if there is a possibility to do (some kind of) robocup with (...) Last summer at IJCAI in Stockholm, there was a special category at (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Robocup with Mindstorm/ legOS

Hi all, I am working at the university of Bonn, Germany, and we're currently thinking about using MINDSTORM and legOS to teach younger students about robotics. We wonder if there is a possibility to do (some kind of) robocup with MINDSTORM. Has (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC and rcx2

(...) I've been holding off using it until the features were final. Is there a doc with the new commands in place yet? Thanks for all your hard effort though. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact