 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 364
FW: pbForth Feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 16:13:35 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: ian@dolphin.pst.cfmu.eurocontrol.be
[mailto:ian@dolphin.pst.cfmu.eurocontrol.be] On Behalf Of Ian Wild
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 3:18 AM
To: Ralph Hempel
Subject: Re: pbForth Feedback

Ralph Hempel wrote:

...I hear from another tester that the Linux version of the GUI
does not work. ...

Indeed it did not.  I've patched four of the Tcl files, and
now it does more-or-less what was expected.  You can grab
a ZIP file of my patched versions at

http://users.swing.be/imw/tclmods.zip

There were three sets of problems:

-o- serial line settings
-o- windows-specific Tcl commands
-o- an infinite loop trying to download a call to 'timer_SET'

This latter caused me to tamper with the comment-stripper,
and my version behaves slightly differently to yours
on input like unterminated S".

You can identify my changes by looking for lines
starting #>> - in all cases (except one!) I've kept
your code and mine together, with a "#>> if imw"
marker.  The one case I didn't is at the top of
rcxtk.tcl, for reasons I've explained later on.

I /think/ my versions still work on Windows, but I
haven't had an opportunity to check.

Also in that ZIP file is an outline of the steps
I (should have) followed to install it.

imw