 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 367
Re: Bug in HEX handling?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 11:11:01 GMT

Ralph Hempel wrote:
300b 300b ? undefined word

     Isn't 300b a legal hex number? Maybe it is case sensitive.

Yes it is, but pbForth is case sensitive.

Thanks. That helps. Case sensitivity is good but requiring
upper case for hex is annoying. I suppose this is forth
standard. That is one thing that I find annoying about forth,
that most builtin words are upper case. It reveals the age
of Forth in that it is similar to FORTRAN, COBOL and BASIC
with their uppercase keywords. It makes me feel like I am back
in teletype days. Maybe that's why it annoys me. It makes
me feel my age :).

Oh well, back to serial ports.