 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1079
1078  |  1080
Subject:
Robocup with Mindstorm/ legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 07:56:19 GMT

Hi all,

I am working at the university of Bonn, Germany, and we're currently thinking
about using MINDSTORM and legOS to teach younger students about robotics. We
wonder if there is a possibility to do (some kind of) robocup with MINDSTORM.
Has anyboby ever thought about that? We don't have any practical experience
with MINDSTORM and don't know if it is possible to send the position
information computed by a camera connected to a LINUX PC to let's say 10 (6)
MINDSTORM robots? That would mean that the PC can continously communicate with
the robots via IR and it can be garanteed that the robots receive their coded
position (at least most of the time).

I hope somebody can answer my possibly a little bit naive question. T%hanks in
advance.

Regrads,

Thorsten