 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1078
1077  |  1079
Subject:
two compiler questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 22:27:42 GMT

Hey, Markus and everyone else- sorry to be cluttering all of your inboxes
like I have today. I have two questions about the compilers:

1) How important is the interrupt patch? What functionality would I be
losing if I don't have that patch?

2) What is the current "recommended" compiler? I know that certain
compilers/compiler versions have been determined to generate bad
assembly, and I'm curious as to what people around here use/know not to
use. I've been using egcs 2.91.66 at home and at school, and I wonder if
maybe that's the cause of some of the weird freezes that Tobias and I
(and others) have experienced.

Thanks ahead of time-
Luis

P.S. I expect the HOWTO to be up-to-date for 0.2.x by the end of next
week (at the latest) and with any luck by Thursday.

           "Going to California with an aching in my heart.
               Someone told me there's a girl out there
            with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair."
-Led Zeppelin, "Going to California"