 Robotics / RCX / *1445 (-20)
  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

(...) Thanks, Mark, for providing this wonderful environment. I would like to echo a previous request for remembering last-used source-file paths between sessions. Also, how about letting RccxCC "host" alternative line editors? (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

(...) First of all, thanks a lot for making RcxCC. I'm a newbie (owning my RIS since X-mas), but I already love NQC and RcxCC. There's just one little feature that I missed: remembering the last-used path for source files between sessions. Ah yes, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RcxCC with NQC 2.1

Hi, does anybody know why RcxCC can't spawn NQC 2.1 b1? Is there a trick to do it (other than waiting for the next version of RcxCC)? Uwe (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

(...) The Keyspan PDA adaptor (www.keyspan.com) works just fine with an apple and/or the VirtualPC on the apple. Dw (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Ram Meenakshisundaram <rmeenaks@olf.com> wrote in message news:386CCBC8.270472...olf.com... (...) Entrega's hubs with serial ports or the U1S9 work great IF you download the latest drivers (just got mine working this morning!) from Entrega. Barbara (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

(...) Wow. I am suprised Belkin doesnt work. Their products are really good. I never heard of Peracom. I know that Lego claims that "it worked for some users", but I wanted to stick with brand-names that I was familar with. Does anyone know if Lego (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

Somewhere on the Mindstorms site, I found a reference to the Peracom adapter. I have not tried it, but I did buy a Belkin USB Hub with a serial port and I know that the Belkin doesn't work. Scott (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Connecting Via a USB Hub

I have a USB Hub with an RS-232 port. When I connect the IR Transmitter to this port, the firmware downloads fine. If I have a program with a single RCX command block, it's fine too. If I have more than one command block, I get a download error. Any (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

Hi, I only have one serial port on my PC and it is currently hooked up to an external modem (PC slots are precious to me). So, I was planning on using an USB->Serial converter. Can anyone recommend a brand that has been proven to work with the IR (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: pbForth problems

(...) It's working just fine. If the LCD says "4th", then the firmware is in place, now all you need is a terminal set to 2400,n,8,1 By the way, this kind of question should be on the lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth heirarchy... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Can't open serial port in Linux

(...) Currently there isn't any notion of an "error code" from the serial port class - opening the serial port just returns true/fals. I'm wary of adding error codes here because they'd need to be added in a portable manner (and across the Unix, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  barcode reader for RCX (was: how does a bar code reader work?)

(...) Well, I tried this, and it's hopeless. The RCX can't poll the sensor nearly fast enough, and even if it could you'd need a lens to focus the sensor better. (...) Instead of using my idea, I took the suggestion of someone else and just used a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Can't open serial port in Linux

Hi. I just got through fixing a similar problem with my linux box (the fix involved a lot of tedious changing IRQ's in the BIOS, with a lot of tedious rebooting in between). Beyond Dave's good advice, you might want to check out the linux serial (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX as TV remote?

Hi, all. I just got an RIS for Christmas, and I've been happily alternating between hacking on it and lurking here and at the various Lego sites on the web. Yippee, legos! Ahem. I've been interested in the possibilities of using my Palm IIIe as a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Re: differences between 9719 and 9747?

Hi, Note that if you get the RIS 1.0 -> RIS 1.5 upgrade (costs $25.00, but free if you bought your RIS 1.0 after August), it includes the 60 missing pieces, additional CD, manuals, and test pads. Plus the RIS 1.0 has the AC adapter while the RIS 1.5 (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: differences between 9719 and 9747?

(...) Here are the differences in parts. They are alse some differences in manual and software, but I don't know them. New parts in set 9747 (Mindstorms 1.5), not in set 9719 (Mindstorms 1.0) Count Part # Part Color 4 3794 1x 2 plate, 1 stud Gray (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Installation of pbForth 1.11 Problems

Last night I tried to install pbForth 1.11 with nqc (2.02). It beeped like it was installed and "4th" was displayed on the screen, but I could not turn it off. I had to take out the batteries to get it to turn off, but by then, the pbForth was gone. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: touch sensors - two at a time ?

(...) The problem you are having, is that the processor is much faster than a human being... The code will allways tend to see one sensor befor the other, because of the processors speed, unless you can hit them together to within a very few mSec. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX "locking up" when trying to use dll

Has anyone experienced the RCX "locking up" when trying to use dll? When I try to download a .lx file with dll, the brick freezes. It won't respond to any buttons and I have to take the batteries out and re-load the firmware. Any ideas why this is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Can't open serial port in Linux

Check the permissions on /dev/ttyS1. I think the default is for it to be locked down to superuser only. If this is the case, then running nqc from a normal user account would cause the error you got. You'll need read/write rights to /dev/ttyS1 in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact