 Robotics / NXT / 986 (-20)
  Re: Displaying multiple variables

(...) There's also Steve Hassenplug's Display Number block (find it here (URL) along with some other NXT-G goodies). I use this all the time to display values for debugging. John (17 years ago, 19-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxc and Mindsensors stuff

It seems you don't have the latest NXC*.h header files (found in source release of NXC, not in the binary releases), as well as the latest NXC_Guide.pdf describing I2C functions. alf Il giorno 12-nov-2007, alle ore 16:59, GiP ha scritto: (...) -- (...) (17 years ago, 18-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Displaying multiple variables

(...) Nice. Thanks very much. When I get to my computer, I'm going to check to see how I missed the "Clear Screen" checkbox. (17 years ago, 17-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Displaying multiple variables

(...) There are lots of ways to display such information on the NXT LCD. The easiest is probably to draw one number, and then use a second Display block to draw a second number - just uncheck the "clear screen" checkbox on the second Display block. (...) (17 years ago, 17-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Displaying multiple variables

Yesterday, I had a student who wished to display two numeric variables on the screen. We ended up multiplying the first by 1000 then adding the second. This we displayed and read as a packed variable with two shifted values. How can we do this more (...) (17 years ago, 17-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Format of the NXT-G program files?

Hi, Am I correct that there are no utilities for inspecting the NXT-G programs created with the RoboLab for NXT? I mean: printing the programs created in NXT-G in some human-readable format? Any documentation about the binary format anywhere? (...) (17 years ago, 8-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Nxc and Mindsensors stuff

Hi, we just bought some sensors from mindsensor.com but I cannot find any info on how to use them with nxc. I have seen that b33 has two new API but there is no "generic" info on how to use them and the mindsensor.com site has no info or sample (...) (17 years ago, 12-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Resetting TachoCount in LCP

Hi, I'm wondering how to reset a tachometer via the Lego Communication Protocol. Of the three tachometer readings, TachomCount, BlockTacho and RotationCount, I can only see how to reset the latter two using ResetMotorPosition (Bluetooth Developer (...) (17 years ago, 10-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Installing LeJOS on Linux (Fedora Core 6)

My sysadmin is trying to install LeJOS for me on our Linux servers. He's having a problem detailed in what I'm posting below. Does anyone have any ideas on what's going wrong? Thanks, Peter Copied message: ***...*** I am trying to build on a fedora (...) (17 years ago, 8-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.17

I posted a new official BricxCC release yesterday: 3.3.7.17. This release includes substantially improved help content for NBC and NXC as well as a built-in NBC compiler (beta 33). If you've been using the latest test release there isn't much new (...) (17 years ago, 6-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Replenishing NXT Educational sets

(...) I wondered about that. My search arguments weren't good enough to reveal the right Bricklink part number. Thank you very much! (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Replenishing NXT Educational sets

(...) Bricklink does not have the same part number for this piece as Peeron/LDRAW. Use this part number: (URL) You will find hundreds for sale. (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Replenishing NXT Educational sets

The Edu Set has two 1x13 Technic Beams, (URL) The models presented in all the curriculum materials are absolutely dependent on these 1x13 beams. Bottom line, a missing 1x13 beam causes students a lot of grief, consternation, discouragement, (...) (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nbc gives error for SendRemoteString

(...) This is caused by a typo bug in the NXTDefs.h header that I accidentally introduced in beta 32. If you are running on a Windows box you can download a pre-release of beta 33 from the test_release.zip on the BricxCC page. I will have beta 33 up (...) (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  nbc gives error for SendRemoteString

Hi, has there been an undocumented change in the last nbc? I have some programs that use SendRemoteString and I cannot compile them any more (they compile with older versions). This minimal prog: ---...--- task main() { string out; out="String"; (...) (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Source Code Changes in NXT Firmware Version 1.05

(...) The changes between 1.03 and 1.04 are far more extensive than the changes from 1.04 and 1.05, if you lump the support for ADPCM compression into a single change (which involves c_sound.c, d_sound.c, d_sound.h, d_sound.r, d_sound_adpcm.r, and (...) (17 years ago, 18-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Source Code Changes in NXT Firmware Version 1.05

I haven't seen it previously mentioned but the open source firmware for version 1.05 is downloadable from the LEGO Mindstorms web site. I did a WINDIFF on the various source files to see what has changed in this release. I then manually examined the (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Power Programming

I’d like to officially announce that Variant Press will soon publish my new book, NXT Power Programming. It should be available November 7th. You can pre-order it now at Amazon.com or Variant Press. I hope everyone who purchases a copy of NXT Power (...) (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt) !

  Re: Mindstorms NXT 1.1

(...) Thanks Matthias, I did read that discussion; but I hadn't realized the people who said they called actually received it for free. My understanding was that they were in countries were it's listed as "not available yet" (such as Germany or (...) (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mindstorms NXT 1.1

Thanks Philo, I should have thought to check nxtasy on the subject. Looks like there are a lot of improvements; but then again what interests me most is full support of my computer, which the current software doesn't provide. A patch, in short. On (...) (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact