 Robotics / NXT / 971
Re: Source Code Changes in NXT Firmware Version 1.05
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:45:56 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dick Swan wrote:
I slightly screwed up and compared against the 1.03 version source rather
than the later 1.04 version. Since 1.04 had very little changes, I didn't
bother redoing the comparison.

The changes between 1.03 and 1.04 are far more extensive than the changes from
1.04 and 1.05, if you lump the support for ADPCM compression into a single
change (which involves c_sound.c, d_sound.c, d_sound.h, d_sound.r,
d_sound_adpcm.r, and modules.h).

Between 1.04 and 1.05 there are only 13 modified files and 1 added file
(d_sound_adpcm.r).

5. c_cmd.c

The only code change to this file is this on line 5240:

    pBuf += BytesToRead;

6. c_sound.c

The only 2 non-comment changes in c_sound.c are in support of the new compressed
RSO file type.

7. Ioctrl.r

There is no file with this name in either 1.04 and 1.05. d_ioctrl.r is identical
between the two firmware versions.

8. d_loader.r and d_loader.c

There are no changes in d_loader.r between 1.04 and 1.05.  In d_loader.c there
are only two changes, both of which replace FILENAME_LENGTH + 1 with 16.

10. d_lowspeed interim.c

This file does not exist in either the 1.04 or 1.05 firmware source code.

11. d_lowspeed.c

This file is identical between version 1.04 and 1.05.

12. d_lowspeed.r

This file is identical between version 1.04 and 1.05.

13. d_output.c

There are no non-comment changes in this file between version 1.04 and 1.05.

Hope this helps,

John Hansen