 Robotics / NXT / 977
976  |  978
Subject:
BricxCC release 3.3.7.17
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 05:49:40 GMT

I posted a new official BricxCC release yesterday: 3.3.7.17.  This release
includes substantially improved help content for NBC and NXC as well as a
built-in NBC compiler (beta 33).  If you've been using the latest test release
there isn't much new here but now it's available as an official release.  I also
posted a new official beta release of the NBC/NXC compiler which includes many
important bug fixes and enhancements.

One major change since the last test release post is to the NBC & NXC API
functions that depend on IOMapRead and IOMapWrite.  These functions have all
been overhauled so that they support variable arguments where many of them used
to be restricted to just constants.  If you use a constant the compiler will
compute the IOMAP offset at compile-time but if you use a variable it generates
code that calculates the offset at run time.

Also in this release and not well publicized are many new API functions that are
specific to HiTechnic and Mindsensors I2C devices.  In particular, the new
HiTechnic iRLink has a huge collection of API functions that implement nearly
every RCX 2.0 opcode.

John Hansen

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/