 Robotics / NXT / 686 (-20)
  Re: Another useless utility

(...) I've created a little desktop wrapper for the Mac version of rsoplay called RSOPlayer. You can drag RSO files onto it to play them, double-click RSOPlayer to select files to play with a file browser, or even assign RSOPlayer to handle RSO (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NBC and Windows Mobile

(...) I also have a Dell X51v PDA and am very interested. I don't own a laptop so my PDA is all I take to brick events. I did fine using OnBrick at the recent BrickFest PDX, but am looking for other options. I don't have a lot of time to help, but I (...) (17 years ago, 24-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bricxcc news

A new test release of BricxCC is available. It features a built-in NBC/NXC compiler which can be turned on or off via a checkbox on the NBC/NXC Compiler tab. With it turned on you will find that compiling and downloading programs via bluetooth is (...) (17 years ago, 24-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC and Windows Mobile

I have a Dell X51v and would like to do the same thing. I don't have any time to help but I would like to be kept in the loop when you get yours working. I can test out your solution on my Dell PPC(Mobile 5). Ronald "John Hansen" (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Another useless utility

rsoplay - Play RSO file on PC --- This is a small program to play NXT sound files (.RSO) on your PC. Not sure why anyone would really want to, but now you can anyway. Now Mac and linux can be just as useless as Windows! Download it (URL) here>. (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) Preparing a filesystemblock with files inside should be not a big problem... Testing can be done by downloading (sending ascii) like today and when finished, prepare the filesystem and download the separate image. When operating system and (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) What is the size of code ? I think we need a very small filesystem only. If we can store 32kB it is enough, we didn't want to store MP3 ! (...) What about pressing a button at boot to switch console ? e.g if pressed <enter> ==> BlueTooth else (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Controlling trains with NXT?

(...) Indeed, Steve Hassenplug & I did exactly this at BrickFest 2005 with the GBC trains - we had two trains running around a single loops, but in this case used four isolated sections so that each side fo the loop was under the complete control of (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Controlling trains with NXT?

(...) Block control was fairly common on model train layouts before DCC and other digital solutions became available. If you do a google search for "block control" you should find a few references. Yours is a variant of that. It works, but as you (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Controlling trains with NXT?

As some of you are probably aware, there are people who use DCC controls that allow them to operate two trains independantly on the same stretch of track. This system, however, requires that you hack open motor bogeys to install the DCC control (...) (17 years ago, 21-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

I'm getting stuck implementing some features for the next pbLua release, and I'd like some opinions on what is really necessary... (...) This is getting uglier and more complicated than I like. By the time I add a simple FAT12 file system, and link (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Announcing a new book Maximum LEGO NXT

Announcing Maximum LEGO NXT: Building Robots with Java Brains, a new book for LEGO NXT programmers. This is a follow-up to Core LEGO MINDSTORMS Programming. The book includes 14 complete robot plans and over two dozen projects, with a foreword by (...) (17 years ago, 20-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) I'm looking at this now. Files to be stored in FLASH. (...) Not too hard to do as long as you don't want to stream data to other robots at the same time... (...) I'll look at adding at least tones soon. (...) Done for Beta4 (not yet released) (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) EIA-485 Highspeed support :D Is nobody using pbLua or is everybody happy with Beta-3 ??? Christian (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

ReHi Ralph, (...) I'd like to have some address information for device number added (can be done at a higher layer ?)... EIA-485-Hardwareconcept allows to handle more than one target :D ID0: Master (NXT) ID1: SD ID2: Camera :D ... (...) I hope we (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Great idea Christian! What kind of API do you need to make this work? I think these might get things started: nxt.RS485SetParam( speed, parity, databits, stopbits ) nxt.RS485SendData( string, bytes ) string = nxt.RS485GetData( bytes ) status = (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Ralph, I'm using an ATMega8 as frontend processor between NXT and SD-Card. Step1: NXT===>I2C===>ATMega...==>SD-Card Disadvantage: Very low speed (9600) Step2: NXT===>EIA-485===>AT...==>SD-Card This should work in an easy way, FAT-Support for (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) Structure support is a feature I have been waiting for. I have some large programs that should port easily once structs work. Is an array of struct expected to work? When I try to access a field within an element I get an error: # Error: (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC and Windows Mobile

I compiled and ran NBC on my IPAQ running Windows Mobile OS on an ARM CPU today. It didn't work. But it compiled! :-) I will try to look into it a bit more later this week to figure out why it raises an exception. If anyone is interested in helping (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Christian, There is currently no direct support for this in pbLua, but it's not too hard to add. The HighSpeed port is port 4, and it has basically 3 wires that control how it works. PA4/5 are the RX and TX to UART0 right on the ARM PA7 is RTS (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact