 Robotics / NXT / *293 (-20)
  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

I am not a NXT-G expert. I'm a programmer, so I moved to NBC pretty quickly. It's much easier for me to do things in a language than with graphics (not to mention the programs are 1/10 the size of NXT-G). Good Luck! David (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

"David Wallace" <dww.robotics@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:JB3HDF.3EL@lugnet.com... (...) I suppose you have to make the change between drive direction blocks by means of some "until sensor actuated" block, then? This was my very first (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

In article <JAynn0.90L@lugnet.com>, Jordan Bradford <jordan_bradfordREMO VE_THIS_SPAM_THINGY@...tmail.com> writes (...) I have not tried this, but I would expect it to work. (...) Alas, this will not work. Bluetooth is just a means of carrying (...) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Sending program by bluetooth

Hi Jan, I had asked this question of John Hansen a while back. His response follows. Note that this reduced my connection time in BricxCC from 17 seconds to 3 seconds. "First use NeXTTool.exe to create a nxt.dat file like so: nexttool -listbricks > (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Hi David, For the motor block, did you choose "Unlimited" in the "Duration" field dropdown box? It defaults to 1 "Rotation". David Wallace "David List" <zerobuttons@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JB3A0n.2MH@lugnet.com... (...) block (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  How to implement continuous drive with NXT motors?

Can anyone here help me get continuous drive with NXT motors? I am using NXT-G now, while getting a feel for Mindstorms NXT. I experience that I am unable to get continuous drive with the motors when shifting from one block to another. The speed (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Sending program by bluetooth

Dear All, I send a program compiled (NBC) with the Bricx Command Center to my NXT with a Bluetooth connection. It takes a relative long time before my NXT is ready to run. Is this normal? Can I improve this time? Regards, Jan Kromhout (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Optimized Array Handling

There doesn't seem to be any information on the most memory-efficient or speed-effecient way to handle arrays in the NXT Executable File Specification. For example, if you want to create a multi-dimensional array, you use the opcode OP_ARRBUILD (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Connect BT devices to the NXT without a passkey?

Is it possible to connect BT devices to an NXT without using a passkey? The device I'm trying to use (a Nintendo Wii remote) doesn't use passkeys, AFAIK, since when I connect it to my PC I skip the pairing process. (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Omni teaches physics.

I've posted some project of mine, demonstrating how Steve Hassenplug's "Omni" can be used to teach some basic physics: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 27-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth and windows 2000

I am using a Compaq (HP) nc8000 laptop which has a built-in BT device and it works fine with Windows 2000, so BT should be OK on W2K (with the right device). "Patrick Levy" <patrick@omiccron.com.br> wrote in message news:J7HJJI.6x3@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  PSP-Nx PS2 Controller block for NXT-G

I've finally released my NXT-G block for mindsensors.com PSP-Nx PS2 controller interface. Details, download and installation instructions are here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Arrays in NXT-G

I've made a new NXT-G block for using numeric arrays in NXT-G. Details and download are found here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Not eXactly C beta release news

Today I am releasing a new beta of NBC and its highly popular high-level sister Not eXactly C (NXC). It is available via the NBC website ((URL) sure to also download the latest BricxCC test release for updated NXT support for both NBC and NXC ((URL) (...) (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Not to put too fine a point on it, but the 100 cycle limit is only on the lock bits, I think. This is specified at the extreme limits of voltage and temperature. At normal room conditions, actual NXTs were reflashed (which cycles the lock (...) (18 years ago, 19-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

"Steve Lane yahoo.co.uk>" <stevenrobertlane@<n...pamplease> wrote in message news:JABnK0.15z@lugnet.com... (...) Fortunately the most common failure mode is a reduction in the "longevity" of storage. Out of box, the Atmel ARM flash is specified to (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) Yes. I didn't end up using it because speed ended up being more critical than precision, but for narrow lines I may go back to it. I suspect I might be able to use it to follow lines drawn by a black marker. (...) No. Well, kind of. I used a (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT candid camera

(...) The second video is better, I think. Spike was always my favorite NXT robot. (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

Hi Geoffrey, (...) Detecting 1x1 plates should not be hard if they pass close to fiber optic end to efficiently block light. (...) I believe it's caused by the blue background I used that somewhat fooled my camera white balance. That said there is a (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) Hi Brian, What kind of application needed this precision? Line follower? Did you need to shield the fiber to avoid stray coupling of light to the phototransistor? Philo (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact