 Robotics / Handy Board / 8620
Re: Interactive C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:14:33 GMT

You have to coerce the int to a float, e.g:

int i= 7;
float j= 3.;
float result;

result = j * (float)i;

The above should work.  Please let me know if not.

Fred

On Monday, February 25, 2002, at 11:26  AM, Brendan O'Hare wrote:

(Perhaps this isn't the right place to ask questions about I.C.
but it is
related to the handy board so I will continue)
I am trying to write a program that uses the lego sensors and
multiplies
them by constants that are floats. The expansion board returns
integers for
the lego sensors so I have a problem there as multiplying floats
and ints
isn't permitted by I.C. as far as I can make out. (the program
returns an
error saying that <float> * <int> isnt permitted)
Also when I calculate these values I want to use them to determine
how long
to leave motors on. I am turning the motors on full, leaving them
on using
the mseconds() function and then turning the motors off - again
using the
mseconds() function in order to create an exact force on my model. This
function requires long ints so I must convert my answers from
above which
are floats into long ints. Again my problem is that as far as I can see
there is no way of converting between these different variables.
Any ideas from anyone?
Thanks,Brendan