 Robotics / Handy Board / 8611
Re: Sensor Connector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:11:01 GMT

The LEGO shaft encoder and light sensor are active sensors that
need a special circuit.  The Expansion Board for the HB provides
this ckt and the requisite drivers.

Your simplest path to using these with the HB is to get an Exp Bd.
Barring that, you can look at the schematics and implement the LEGO
sensor circuit yourself.

Fred