 Robotics / Handy Board / 1741
Re: Sonar and the handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 18:08:12 GMT

You mentioned that the INIT has the 330ohm.  I'm pretty
sure it's the BINH and NOT the INIT that should have the 330ohm.
Reread Kents documentation.  I don't think you would have damaged
the unit in this short of time.

I wouldn't think so.

I am looking in Kents documentation, and sure enough, there is
something about putting a resistor on BINH.  Also something about
putting a cap in C7 on the ranging board.  I'll play with things
tonight.

Like I've mentioned on many occasions.  I STRONGLY think that
the developers of the ranging unit socketed that silly chip
'cause they knew it was prone to failure.

Good thinking :-)

Is your source of the board close?....

I got it from Ben Wirz.