 Robotics / Handy Board / 1742
Re: Sonar and the handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:56:16 GMT

Ahh...

This sounds right from when I had the same problem.  I just
forgot about the disconnecting of the BINH.  Mainly because
it was accidental at the time.  Anyways, the point I wish to
make is that you have a bad ranging unit.  This symptom is
exactly the reason I returned 3 of the 4 boards.  All of my
boards are working now.  I'm curious about what the problem
is.  I suspect that the socketed chip is to blame.  Afterall
I remember checking the schematic and seeing that BINH is a
functional of the socketed chip.  I bet if you replace this
chip you'll be OK.  Afterall, 23" sucks for close encouters, eh?

Now, I may even know where to start looking for the chip.
I can't recall (I'm at work now) what the chip is called,
although it is covered on my board with a label.  But, I bet
that it relates back to a schematic on the sonar tranciever
circuit found in Motorola's "Special Purpose Linear Devices"
data book.  Check out this book and you may find the chip.

Let me know how it is going as I have been extensively working
on the integration of these devices to my Robot.  Thanks

Hope this helps

Adam B. Cox      check out my web page
Computer Engineer http://www.zenox.com/~adam
Zenox Communications Corp. vmail: 416-241-7000 (x224)