 Robotics / Handy Board / 1740
1739  |  1741
Subject:
SONARS GALORE!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:40:13 GMT

For those who are interested.....

I have recently developed a way of signalling 4 sonars
from the HB using a logical switching circuit controlled
by one ranging board and another board developed to switch
which transducer is being signalled by the ranging board.

The NEW board is simply a 7405 (open collector hex invertor)
with 4 680ohm resistors, 4 IRF820 MOSFETs and some connectors
to hook everything together.  If anyone is interested.  Let me
know and I'll post the schematic.  It's actually very simple.

I figure with a 4bit encoder, 16 transducers could be controlled
from the SPI.  Even further, the #9 digital output could be used
to switch between 2 4bit encoders and 32 transducers could be
controlled.  All this with the use of only 1 ranging unit.
Polaroid sells the transducers in boxes 10 (min. order)

Have fun.

Adam B. Cox      check out my web page
Computer Engineer http://www.zenox.com/~adam
Zenox Communications Corp. vmail: 416-241-7000 (x224)