 Robotics / Handy Board / *8544 (-20)
  Re: Over Charging

Fred, We had the same problem and traced it to the resistor. We can try the ZAP mode, but for future reference we would like to know the value you used to replace the 47 Ohm 1/2 watt resistor. Any chance we could get that information? Thanks, Dan (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Over Charging

When the batteries are really run down, they can draw too much current through the on-board charging circuit. (I'm assuming you are plugging adapters directly to the HBs, rather than going through the serial interface/phone line charge ckt.) About 6 (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Over Charging

I have a collection of HandyBoards I'm trying to prepare for class this fall. They're a few years old now and have seem some fairly heavy use. I'm having trouble charging them and am hoping there's a component to replace or something I can fix to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: assembler time delay?

Tomas, NOP is the easiest way while staying within a single program. If you want to measure long periods of time, you could attach some code to the 2khz interrupt timer (documented in the handyboard manual). Just setup a memory space to use as a (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  assembler time delay?

Hello, Is there any other way, than using NOP repeated times, to create time delays in assembler? Regards, Tomas (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Rob Murray - Lego rotation sensor and sonar.c?

Hi I am thinking of purchasing a couple of lego angle sensors for odometry purposes. I read in a previous post that some were having problems with these and the sonar.c file. Was this ever resolved? David. (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  PS2 mouse software for handyboard

Almost two years ago I wrote PS2 drivers for the handyboard so I could use two optical mice on my robot. I got it working but its very buggy. The source code is something like 11 pages of assembly but could probably be shortened a bit. Some of the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  I2C

Hi, I recently got a Daventech SRF08 ultrasonic ranging sensor, thinking it was the same as the SRF04, except with greater range. However it is not even close, instead of the echo and init lines it uses an I2C bus to communicate. So my Question is (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Cricket spoken here?

Is this newsgroup suitable for Handy Cricket discussion? I guess I mean: 1. Would anyone object? 2. Would anyone listen? --Jack Gregory (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  SPI configuration

How should I configure the SPI (master) in order to communicate with a slave that has a single bi-directional data line? I guess I should tie the MISO and MOSI pins together at the HB. Then what? Should I enable or disable the SPI? Or should I maybe (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Connect the ADNS-2030 optical mouse sensor to the Handy Board

(...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  serial wiring problems

Hi, I’d like to connect a PAK VI PS/2 coprocessor to the Handyboard using its serial port. I’ve taken a RJ-11 telephone cable and cut it into two pieces, so that I’ve got on one side the leads of the cable without the RJ-11 plug which I want to (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  New blank Handy board PCB for sale

HI I have some surplus Handy board (blank) PCB for sale. If you are interested have look at (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: start_process question....

(...) first off, "proicess_name" should be "process_name", but thats not your problem. You are trying to use an integer as an array in this snippet. You have "int process_priority;" and then try to treat it as an array in "process_priority[pid]=1;" (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  start_process question....

I am writing a program based mainly on Fred Martin's book. The code is prety close to his program, but when I try to load I keep getting the following error codes, "attempt to use <int> as an array", and, "too many argumentd given to , (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  is it possible to use the lego vision command with the handyboard?

I'm interested in using the lego vision command with my handyboard. But it seems to use a (usb) port. So is there a way to use a (usb) with the handyboard? And has anyone ever attempted to hack the lego vision command for their handyboard? Also does (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  external power source with expansion board

Hi, I know this has been asked before, but I was unable to find a deffinitive answer. I cut the trace on my handy board in order to externally power some larger dc motors with two 6 volt gel cell packs wired in series for 12 volts. Unfortunately, (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Robot Positioning using Beacons

Would a HandyCricket be good for driving the beacons? "Chris Steiger" <csteiger@comcast.net> wrote in message news:GvGHKu.2wr@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Robot Positioning using Beacons

That sounds good, but what do I use to drive each beacon, (e.g. send out the coded IR signal and sonar ping). Using a full blown microcontroller like the handyboard for each one would be incredibly expensive and wasteful. I only need a controller (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: optical mouse as sensor?

Hi Scott, You should consider taking the mouse appart and hooking up directly to the sensor. Most (all?) optical mice use sensors made by Agilent Technologies (formely part of HP). The early mice used the HDNS2000 sensor which had a PS/2 mode and a (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact