 Robotics / Handy Board / 8656
8655  |  8657
Subject:
external power source with expansion board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 21:22:51 GMT

Hi, I know this has been asked before, but I was unable to find a
deffinitive answer.  I cut the trace on my handy board in order to
externally power some larger dc motors with two 6 volt gel cell packs wired
in series for 12 volts.  Unfortunately, inorder to get everything working
for my project I'm going to need to use an expansion board.(I've had
enormous trouble getting servos to work with IC 4.0 w/o the expansion
board)Unfortunately the expansion board occupies the external power source
port.  Is there anyway around this that wouldn't require major modifications
to the board?( I could cut another trace, but I'm working with borrowed
parts, so I don't want to ruin anything.)  I've heard that you can wire the
source intoontop of the occupied plugs, or use the external servo expansion
port(J7) and jump one of the diodes.  I think I still need the servos to
function of the handy board's less powerful source, because my pack may be
to powerful for them.  Does anyone know exactly what to do?  I'm sorry for
bringing this up again, but I greatly appreciate any help.
thanks again,
    Scott