 Robotics / 9183
Re: Robotics subgroups by mail (was: sensors)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 01:10:09 GMT

I also fail to see why a seperate group is needed. If a seperate group is made,
then all the people from this list that do not suscribe to the subgroup cannot
participate in dicussions, unless they go to the website, or use a news reader.
This could prevent people from inspiring other people(Which IMHO is very
important), and it could also leave out a vast number of solutions for peple who
do not see the messages.

Even more confused than Pink Tail...
Andy

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, "Pink Tail" <pinkmice@borg.com> writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Rob Hendrix writes:
Todd,
Now that everyone has been properly schooled of the ins and outs of
receiving some or all robotics posts (thank you for teaching everyone),
can I have my robotics.sensors? *down on floor begging*

I would think the support of Michael Gasperi and Brian Stormont would be
important here, since this would be moving a certain amount of traffic
down to a lower level rather than creating new traffic from scratch
(where there is no loss but only potential gain).

Perhaps you could write up a proposal, including a charter, and put it out
for comments/review.

I still can't quite understand why it is so important to get sensors
out of the standard listing. Aren't robots 33% sensors and 33%
actuators and 33% software (rounded to the nearest 33%)?

Confused ...

I don't either, unless the subject of sensors is currently suffering from
not having its own group/list, which I don't think it is.

I just responded to Rob trying to be objective.  He doesn't have my support
in creating a new group for sensors unless at the very least Michael G and
Brian S are both for it, and probably a lot of others.  But that doesn't
mean he (Rob) or anyone else couldn't go ahead and propose it more formally
for discussion, from my point of view...

--Todd