 Robotics / 8532
Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:13:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Vlad Dumitrescu writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Hempel writes:
It's funny, but a lot of what you need to do to write good Forth is
done for you under the hood by C compilers. The wierd thing is
that a C compiler intermingles data and return values on one stack
while Forth separates them.

I agree that Forth is better than many other languages in many ways. What I • was
saying was that it has a different look-and-feel and one needs to get used to
it first. Plus that it is not very easy to switch from for example C to Forth
and back all the time... ;-)

But very refreshing gymnastic, isn't it?
;-)

Sergey