 Robotics / 8165
    Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Wes Matchett
    I have two new items on my web page: A mini syncro drive: (URL) internals of a damaged Lego motor: (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Ralph Hempel
     (...) Wes, The mini synchro drive LOOKS really cool. I wish I had a third turntable so I could build it. Looks like Pitsco is giong to get a call on Monday morning... It's not really clear from the photos I looked at closely, but I'm assuming the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Wes Matchett
     (...) No, they don't mesh. The outer gears don't turn either, so they _could_ mesh and it wouldn't matter. (...) Sorry, I hate loading pages littered with huge pics myself. I put this up without accessing it over the internet to see what the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Jonathan Brown
     Wes, We exhchanged e-mail ealier about the micro-synchro on your Web page (very cool). I'm building it at the moment to try it out, but I'm having a real hard time finding small-wide elastic bands which are small enough to fit the hubs. I know the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Wes Matchett
     (...) Here's the bad news - I found them in my kitchen. Rubber bands are used a lot in packing fresh vegetables and I save them. I hunted through until I found some that were a fit; so I have no source. If you can't find bands that are a good fit, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Jonathan Brown
     (...) Ahhhh, *that's* where I've seen them -- holding the brocolli together. Right, I'm off to the grocery store to see if they will give me 6 (I don't think I'm up for that much brocolli right now). Cheers JP (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Mario Ferrari
     (...) going to copy your design for a robot to show at our next Italian Legofest this month. Mario (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Paul Speed
     Bah, And I thought mine was small. Compared to yours, mine is a big hulking behemoth. :) (I know Wes in real life so I can only hope that maybe he was somewhat inspired by my design. ;) ) My linkage is completely different and not nearly as clever (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Wes Matchett
      (...) Yes indeed Paul, your model did provide some inspiration. For others reading this group... Paul introduced me to technics about 4 years ago when he showed me a pair of Star Wars AT-AT style legs he had designed. Its good for the creative (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Doug Carlson
     Wes, You can add me to the list of impressed synchro enthusiasts! :-) Very nice design. Your compact design inspired me also... So, I went off and found another suitable tire for the small wheel hubs. It's actually two smaller o-rings and a larger (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Web Page Update - new syncro/Lego motor internals —Wes Matchett
   (...) An update - the monumental site has been down a long time - I've moved all my lego pages to (URL) plan to update this with current links soon. Also, I'll be posting my experience with NXT and RobotC. -Wes (17 years ago, 2-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics)