 Robotics / 7340
  LEGO Reverse DNS?

Hi all... Just a quick question for those of you whose ISPs give you a reverse lookup of the DNS from which your websites have been hit. 1. What is the domain name that TLG shows up as when your site is hit by them? Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Reverse DNS?

Well, Ralph, I'm not really sure- I've served 12967 pages of the HOWTO as of today, so there are a lot of logs to go through. However, I can say with certainty that it is not lego.com, as there are no records of any hits on my site from there. I can (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: LEGO Reverse DNS?

(...) Maybe TLG doesn't care about NQC :-) that's why they don't show up as lego.com...ha ha ha. Seriously, that's what got me curious too. Think about it. Here's a group of folks they can get design ideas from, and yet NOBODY I know of has ever had (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Reverse DNS?

I've kept every http log file since the dawn of time (1994) but most don't have reverse lookups. I've never been tempted to do reverse lookups on the LEGO related pages. I have on some other sites I run for personal amusement. I have never access (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: LEGO Reverse DNS?

(...) It might just be company policy that the internet is not used for web browsing at work. Some places do that. You might want to expand your search to domains that point to key geographical regions which may indicate employee usage. For that (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Reverse DNS?