 Robotics / 6959
Re: a couple of new-bot questions from a generally quiet lurker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:08:45 GMT

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, dave madden wrote:

=>From: "Stephen P. Gibbons" <steve@aztech.net>
=>...
=>My biggest gripe with this design [differtrans] is that there is no
=>way to get all motors contributing to a single effort in one
=>direction.

If you have even more differentials, you could set up the "turning" motor
so that its power is split - one direction turns (this limits you to
turning one way, but there are always sacrifices), and the other side
adds to the forward drive (put this shaft and the "drive" motor into yet
another differential and drive the "drive" part of the differtrans with
the body of this differential. Uses only 4 diffs., no problem!

Stuart